Yes-Sir-ee. We are now proud parents of a two-year old.
We celebrated his birthday (a little early) with just our family and close friends this weekend.
How nice it was to be in our own home and be able to host without feeling like we were imposing on someone. It was great! Having our families there was truly the icing on the cake.
Thank you Pintrest!
Kurt loved his dump truck cake. Though he was a little mad at me when I was decorating it that I wouldn't let him have the dump truck and the bulldozer ("booo-doe") while it was being done. The cake itself was a bit of an ordeal to make and find. We don't feed him sugar and so I was a little concerned that he might not get to have the birthday cake tradition growing up. I found a recipe that called for a small amount of sugar and the rest applesauce. I replaced the sugar with honey and made the frosting with cream cheese, agave and dark chocolate cocoa powder. He and Chase loved it! It doesn't taste like your traditional chocolate cake, but it is a nice dark chocolate treat with absolutely no sugar!
Last year when we had his monster bash I told myself I couldn't go all out for every birthday. I had to hold back and would do something big and fun for at least their 1st birthday. Then again for maybe their 8th. That was a lot harder to do than I thought! I literally had to hold back. There was so many fun ideas on pintrest that I wanted to do. I had started to regret not doing more.
Then the day came and I go to relax, spend time with my kids and just take it easy. When family arrived, they pitched in and we got everything ready. What a great help that was!

Of course there was "regular" cupcakes for the "regular" people. I couldn't resist making these cute little cupcake toppers for the little man. My how he's grown!

After eating, the kids played Big Rig Bowling and had lots of fun climbing the rocks.


He's growing up and though it's hard on me, I know it's the way the world turns. I just wish it wouldn't turn so fast! At times I miss my new baby, my funny little boy. Then I see him and marvel at the smart little man he's turning into. He's got a great role model in his dad and he's a wonderful big brother to the twins. I'm the luckiest girl on earth to get to share my life with all four of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment