These little ones are growing up so fast. Each day seems to be edging me toward a time I don't want to forget.
These days.
These smiles.
Yes, even these tears.
The terrible twos (and threes...and fours!)
The good days. The bad.
The memories.
The times I wish I COULD forget.
But for what?
Why hold on to what went wrong- why not hold on to all that is right?

Somedays it's all I can do not to squish them!
Yes it's chaotic and hectic. Anyone with kids will agree. Even one throws your life into complete disarray.
But then-
All you have to do is look at them to realize that even with the chaos, you wouldn't trade it.
Not for all the gold in the world. Not for peace or quiet.
Because without them- life wouldn't be what it is today.
A messy pile of endless noise; yes. But a lovely life just the same.
A life you sometimes wish you could fast forward.
But then you remember just how fast these days go.
So you settle instead for enjoying the middle parts. The parts you wish you could forget.
Because you know, that soon these little faces will be not-so-little faces and then they'll have little faces of their own to enjoy and suffer through.
And that, is what you want to freeze. Before it's all too late.













No comments:
Post a Comment