Well, it happened. This happy guy turned SIX!
As you can see- he loves Pokemon and has a fantastic personality (Cash, not Pikachu)!
Who's fun-loving, an adventurer and is now six years old?!....
THIS GUY!
I just adore him.
Everyone adores him.
How can you not?!
This boy has brought our family such joy since the moment he came into the world. He is our ray of sunshine, our happy boy, our mediator. He is so loving (the only one of my kids that still asks me to cuddle) and takes up a large place in our hearts.
I love that he's growing up, but I fear that the more he grows, the closer he comes to growing up entirely and not being my sweet little boy anymore. Who am I kidding?! Even when they're 64, they'll all still be my babies!
Cash's birthday this year was hard for me. As the girls camp instructor, our girls camp was scheduled for the week of his birthday. All year I dreaded the fact that I wouldn't be there with him. We celebrated before, but being away from my family on that day was heart breaking.
Luckily, (have I mentioned this before?...) I have an AMAZING husband. He took all the kiddos to the hotel for a birthday celebration with cousins and Auntie Shay and Kale.
My sisters-in-law jumped in (can you tell this family comes from good stock!?) and gladly made Cash boy an amazing Pokemon cupcake cake. Shay, you went above and beyond!
The cousins celebrated with a Pokemon Pizza and Pool party. I dare say no one missed me as much as I missed them. I'm glad his birthday was a hit and all because so many people love him.
I love you, Cash boy. I marvel that we were so lucky to have you join our family.
You complete us!
Happy birthday, my SIX year old.
Post Script:
One of our favorite videos is of Cash as a baby. When he first learned to talk, the kids taught him how to raise his hand and say "MEEE!" whenever they asked a question. But cute little Cash baby thought they were teaching him to put his hand on his head. So whenever we asked who wanted to do something, he'd put his hand on his head and say, "Meee!"
Here I asked, "Who wants to go to Mema's?!"
I got a little sad when he got old enough to stop doing that.
But at least we did get one video of it and it's our favorite.




No comments:
Post a Comment