Can you believe it? I can't! A year ago today Chase and I were walking out of the St. George temple as happy as can be. I couldn't believe then that I had found the one I had been waiting for all my life. I still can't believe now how happy I am and so relieved that I have him in my life.We celebrated our first year by taking a weekend in Las Vegas. I know, for me it felt so close to home, but it was great to be out and by ourselves where no one knew us and we could just focus on each other.
That morning before we left Chase and I just laughed and laughed. There was something different that morning. He calls it "harmony". I don't know what to call it but there is nothing like being with the one you love and laughing until it hurts. As I was getting ready, Chase was packing (ok, so he was packing the clothes I laid out for us on the bed). I walked out of the bathroom to find him- posing in my McTeacher's Night shirt.
A few weeks ago we did a fund raiser for the school where the teachers worked for a couple of hours at McDonald's and part of the proceeds went to our school. We wore these shirts that night and as embarrassed as I was about how I looked, I was ecstatic just to see him there supporting me. Ever since then he's adopted the shirt and seeing him in it just makes me smile.
After his model shoot, we packed up the car and headed out to Vegas. It was a great drive, laughing and enjoying each other's company. He sang songs...OK he sang ONE song. That morning we had woken up and I couldn't believe how excited he was that we were going to the Phantom of the Opera while staying in Vegas for our anniversary. I was still half awake when he went to go let the dog (Chacho) out. All I could hear, all through the house was him singing the Phantom of the Opera (on key) as loud as he could. The only thing was, not knowing all of the words he simply filled the lyrics in with "Chancho". The entire song was sung (at high pitch) with only saying the dog's name. I had to bury my head in my pillow to keep from laughing.
Once in Vegas, we found our room and headed over to the show. Phantom was amazing! 
For anyone who hasn't seen it in Vegas (the theater was created just for that show), it is worth seeing. The show has amazing moving props, a boat, fireworks and a huge 4 piece chandelier. I won't tell you what they do with it because I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it.
It definitely was a night to remember which is true to say for the last year. I can't imagine being any happier and couldn't imagine my life without Chase. A year ago today he made me the happiest woman alive. Now I can say, a year later, I am even happier (and more spoiled) than I ever thought possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment