
That's right, I've been tagged. Actually by a couple of people so here are a couple of different ones:
#1 The "Random Tag" from Tara Salmon (you know I love your blog. http://sumtinfishy.blogspot.com/ You are my favorite random person ever!)

1. I doodleI have always drawn pictures (I think it stems from watching my brother and my dad make inanimate objects come to life on the page). In high school I would turn in my history notes to Mr. Hurley complete with hundreds of little pictures on them. I promise I am paying attention when listening to the lectures! Those little pictures just help me remember.
I've been known to cover up and wear jackets in the 100+ degree heat. I love the comfort of a blanket, a heating pad (or my microwaveable corn pad) or sweater. I love to be snuggled!
It started in Hawaii. It continued through Jamacia, the Grand Caymans, to Europe and hasn't stopped since. They're not just any magnets. They are the puffy plastic kind and have to be from places I've been. My goal is to collect at least one from every state.
As many of you already know, I had a bout with big hair in high school. It was down to my back, curly and took hours each morning to get that big. I am super ashamed but it makes for a good giggle now and then. I am extremely careful now not to have my hair too high. Oh the things we do in the name of fashion.
Years ago I bought a candle that I refuse to burn. My closest friends know exactly what I'm talking about. I loved the color and wanted to base the color scheme of my room around my candle. I affectionately named the candle, "Man Without a Shirt" as it has a wonderful boy-musk smell. I still use it for decoration purposes and still have no intention of burning it.
When I was in third grade, my grandma gave me a journal to write in. I practiced my handwriting, my doodles, my stories and poems (oh yes, I was an aspiring author). Since then I have kept an insane amount of journals. One in particular fueled by my crush on Christian Slater after I saw the movie Robin Hood in Jr. High. I averaged about 1 full book a year and in college managed 2 per year; one starting on my birthday and ending around Christmas. I don't know if anyone will ever want to read them but I wrote them anyway.

7. I have an INSANE amount of scrapbooks and suppliesIf you think I'm bad with journals, you should see the collection of scrapbooks I have. I have probably spent thousands of dollars on scrapbooking materials over the years. I started the first in high school with stencils, stickers and page protectors (how primitive!) By the time I started college, I had completed 6 books (1 for growing up, 1 for family pages, and one for each year of high school). In college I had a job teaching classes at the local craft store so I was able to complete more books (some while I was teaching the class!). During those years I completed 4 more (one for each year) plus 4 for family members. I have 2 for the mission, 1 for after the mission, 1 for California, 1 for teaching in California, 1 for Hawaii, 1 for the Caribbean, and 1 for Europe. Still on the to-do list is wedding, honeymoon and 1st year of marriage. Phew. I think I need another book shelf.
Alright. That's about as random as I get. Now I put it to you:
Rachel
Jamie O.
Alisha
Sara Michelle
Terri
Dawn
Caroline
Jamie O.
Alisha
Sara Michelle
Terri
Dawn
Caroline
#2-The "Husband Tag" from Alisha http://taylorandalisha.blogspot.com/
What is his name: Chase P. Shillig
How long have we been married: 1 year and 1/2
Who said I love you first: I did but only by a few hours. The rest of the day he kept saying, "Tell me again what you said this morning; I forgot". By the end of the night it was unanimous.
Who is taller: He is! By a long shot. I only wish I was taller for him.
Who sings better: I would say me but I melt when he sings to me. He is also famous for making up his own songs.
Who is smarter: Book smart=Me. Life smart=Him. His mind amazes me. He can read, listen to or observe something once and weeks later repeat the information back ver-badem. Kinda sucks cause he has the memory of an elephant.
Who pays the bills?: I do. Though we both stress out equally about them. He hates that I can tell just exactly how many BRCs he has in one day. Thank you online banking!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: Me (as anyone who has lived with me can attest- as it's closer to the bathroom).
Who mows the lawn: If we had one, he would. He is the handiest man to have around. And ladies, he even puts the seat down, does dishes, vacuums and occasionally does the laundry!
Who cooks dinner: Both. If it's pheasant or chucker he's in charge. He also makes a wonderful wassail but it pales in comparison to my sugar free cinnamon rolls!
Who drives: He does. He did from our very first date and I've gotta say, I love it!
Who's more stubborn: That's a toss up. I can pout like the best of them but he quickly makes me laugh or holds my hand when I'm trying to be mad at him and I have to give up. Darn!
Who kissed who first: Technically he did; however I started the ball rolling by nibbling on his ear (shh! Don't tell!).
Who asked who out: He did. Though it was initially a lie as to why he called, I'm sure glad he did!
Who proposed: He did though I threw a wrench in his plans when my flight to Salt Lake was canceled (he was going to school at BYU Idaho and was driving down) and I flew into Las Vegas a day later. He improvised and drove down to Vegas, picked up my nephews and surprised me at the airport with the boys, flowers, and a ring.
His most romantic act: That's a toss up. My first thought would be the time when he hand made chicken noodle soup (took practically all day) and hot chocolate (complete with melted chocolate) and took me up the canyon for dinner under the stars. He even brought the wishbone (and won). He kept the wishbone until we were engaged (he said that was his wish come true) and had it in with the ring during the proposal. Did I mention that he brings me flowers about once or twice a month? That's a secret I'm sure he wouldn't want out; he is a hopeless romantic!
His Best Feature: His happy attitude (He also has many physical attributes I love. He did some work for Ralph Lauren the other day and Old Ralph says he could be a model. I agree!)
Who has more siblings: He has 5 total and I have 4 1/2
Who wears the pants in the family: He does. Size 32
What do we like doing together: Fishing, camping, anything out doors.
Naps, ice cream and just being together.
Who is more patient: I know I spend 7 hours a day, 5 days a week with 30- 10 & 11 year olds, but I would have to say he wins on this one. There is no end to his goodness and he never gets tired (or it might be that he just never shows it) of making me happy. Who said I love you first: I did but only by a few hours. The rest of the day he kept saying, "Tell me again what you said this morning; I forgot". By the end of the night it was unanimous.
Who is taller: He is! By a long shot. I only wish I was taller for him.
Who sings better: I would say me but I melt when he sings to me. He is also famous for making up his own songs.
Who is smarter: Book smart=Me. Life smart=Him. His mind amazes me. He can read, listen to or observe something once and weeks later repeat the information back ver-badem. Kinda sucks cause he has the memory of an elephant.
Who pays the bills?: I do. Though we both stress out equally about them. He hates that I can tell just exactly how many BRCs he has in one day. Thank you online banking!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: Me (as anyone who has lived with me can attest- as it's closer to the bathroom).
Who mows the lawn: If we had one, he would. He is the handiest man to have around. And ladies, he even puts the seat down, does dishes, vacuums and occasionally does the laundry!
Who cooks dinner: Both. If it's pheasant or chucker he's in charge. He also makes a wonderful wassail but it pales in comparison to my sugar free cinnamon rolls!
Who drives: He does. He did from our very first date and I've gotta say, I love it!
Who's more stubborn: That's a toss up. I can pout like the best of them but he quickly makes me laugh or holds my hand when I'm trying to be mad at him and I have to give up. Darn!
Who kissed who first: Technically he did; however I started the ball rolling by nibbling on his ear (shh! Don't tell!).
Who asked who out: He did. Though it was initially a lie as to why he called, I'm sure glad he did!
Who proposed: He did though I threw a wrench in his plans when my flight to Salt Lake was canceled (he was going to school at BYU Idaho and was driving down) and I flew into Las Vegas a day later. He improvised and drove down to Vegas, picked up my nephews and surprised me at the airport with the boys, flowers, and a ring.
His most romantic act: That's a toss up. My first thought would be the time when he hand made chicken noodle soup (took practically all day) and hot chocolate (complete with melted chocolate) and took me up the canyon for dinner under the stars. He even brought the wishbone (and won). He kept the wishbone until we were engaged (he said that was his wish come true) and had it in with the ring during the proposal. Did I mention that he brings me flowers about once or twice a month? That's a secret I'm sure he wouldn't want out; he is a hopeless romantic!
His Best Feature: His happy attitude (He also has many physical attributes I love. He did some work for Ralph Lauren the other day and Old Ralph says he could be a model. I agree!)
Who has more siblings: He has 5 total and I have 4 1/2
Who wears the pants in the family: He does. Size 32
What do we like doing together: Fishing, camping, anything out doors.
Naps, ice cream and just being together.
He says: Why do you have to have so many clothes, shoes and jewelery?
She says: No one told me boys are smelly (sometimes in a good way)
I adore my husband. He makes every day enjoyable.Now the husband tag has been passed on to:
Shay Woman
Rachel
Tara
Caroline
Aubree
Jamie H.
Sara Michelle
Rachel
Tara
Caroline
Aubree
Jamie H.
Sara Michelle

No comments:
Post a Comment