Saturday, February 14, 2009

I HEART My Hubby

Maybe it's because I'm rocking out to Beyonce's "Single Ladies (put a ring on it)" that's got me reminiscing about the good ol', "Single-Awareness Day". Today was my least favorite day out of all 356 days all year. Anyone who knows me well knows that holidays and I don't normally get along too well. I guess that's why I don't put too much stock in them.

This weekend Chase is in Utah hunting with the boys and the dog. I love that he's doing what he loves on this day of sweethearts. We had a full day of fun together before he left and I in no way resent the fact that today he's with his cousins in the freezing cold hunting birds; better him than me. However, as I have scrapbooked, read, wrote, drew and exercised; I'm running out of things to do by myself.

I have a quote my good friend Ruthie gave me hanging in my guest bathroom. It states simply, "Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades. But to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, Ah now that's a treat" ~Joanne Woodward. I look at it and grin (it helps to read the quote before looking in the mirror!) and I realize for the umpteenth time how grateful I am for my valentine.
Before he left, he brought home these beautiful flowers. The day we brought the piano in, he brought home a beautiful boquet of fresh flowers. Since then there has been some type of bouqet there and it lights me up as I enter the room. I know I repeatedly gush about him and I unabashidly admit that I Am Just That Into Him. So on a day like today, where we celebrate one another and express our feelings, know that I am happy, taken care of and extremely spoiled on this awesome "Single Awarness Day". I had so many sucky ones I think it's about time I'm entitled to a few good ones (and many, many more to come).

To everyone who reads this, I count you as beloved friends (loved enough to check in on us once in a while) and wish you the best Valentines Day.
XOXOXO
J'me

No comments: