How have you been? We've been a little busy here on our end as made evident by the fact that I haven't sat down to blog in over 2 months! Part of that reason was the lack of internet but the larger part was my procrastination.
For those of you who are not aware, my husband Chase and I have temporarily relocated to Utah. This is a bitter-sweet move for us as leaving California meant leaving a piece of each of us behind. This move also means, however that we will be able to have some time to focus on our growing family and it relieves me of having to go back to work right away after the baby has come.
Speaking of the little fella; have you seen him lately? While back in California for a week, Chase took me to the 4-D imaging place to take an ultrasound of our (now 30 week) baby. It's amazing to me what technology can do these days! His face is a bit squished but I still think it looks a lot like his dad. He looks big enough to come out but we'll let him decide when he's ready to join us.
As for the rest of this summer- we've been keeping busy traveling back and forth through Utah, Nevada, Arizona and California. Here are just a few highlights from the last few months:Good times at the cabin:
At night we made hot chocolate, cuddled up together and simply enjoyed the quiet mountain life and enjoyed each others' company.
The big move-
That's right. Amidst all of the summer craziness, my ever-increasing belly and packing up my classroom, I also had the task of packing up our life in California. It was hard work, the only way I could do it was a little at a time. Thankfully my wonderful husband lent a hand every chance he could (there were several boxes I could not move and felt helpless without him).
The day we left I was hot, pregnant and sore. The drive home seemed so long. When we arrived at Aunt Veva's later that night, I was amazed at how swollen my feet were. Traveling, let alone packing and cleaning do not agree with my fat feet. What made me laugh though (it was either that or cry) was the sight of my poor piglets. My flip-flops (the only comfortable shoe I can wear while pregnant) had made a permanent indentation on my swollen feet. My knees, ankles and feet were tight, huge and felt like sausages. All except for my toes.
Luckily, it only took a day or two to get them back to what seemed like normal. Oh the joys of pregnancy in the middle of the summer.There is one thing however, that made all of the headaches, the backaches and the fat feet all worth it...moving to St. George meant moving closer to Nielson's Custard. For those of you who know what I'm talking about, you know how one simple custard can make all of your worries float away. If you've never tried it, you need to! (They have one in Vegas now, you know, look it up!)
So for now, we're here, we're settled and so far we're so good. There will be more to come as we are now officially up and running (internet-wise that is).Hope all is well with you and yours.
Love you all,
J'me (& Chase)
No comments:
Post a Comment