Yesterday I went for my 20 week appointment for our next ultrasound. How I love seeing him on the screen! It's fascinating to me to see the blood flow (it even shows up red and blue to show the oxygenated and de-oxygenated blood. It's amazing!), the little heart beat, and the skeletal system.
The nurse was great as she answered all of my obnoxious and naive questions. She mentioned he was a little long (look for his nubby little knees up to his stomach). I wonder if he'll eventually be as tall as his Daddy. I see 6 foot 4 in his future!
Here is a picture of his little (left) profile. I know the picture isn't the best, but hopefully you get the idea.

All during the ultrasound, the nurse and I kept looking at the screen. She'd laugh and I was amazed- he acts just like a baby! He'd have his hand up by his face (I couldn't tell but I'm pretty sure he wasn't sucking his thumb; just likes his hand there I guess), then he'd grab on to his toes and move around. The best thing to see though was when he'd yawn. He'd start out slow...and then his mouth would open wider...and then wider... and his head would go all the way back. Then you'd see his whole body relax. He'd move around again and then a few minutes later, he'd yawn all over again.
Here is a photo of him as he's beginning to yawn. He looks like a cartoon character and since it's a skeletal view it looks like he's laughing. I prefer to think of him as half yawning, half laughing. So much like his Daddy already.

It won't be too long until we have REAL photos to post.
Keep visiting!
Much love,
J'me
No comments:
Post a Comment