
Some may call him a "Grump". I simply call him My Boy. I know my posts are all about this handsome young man, but really that's all we've been up to lately. Here are a few snapshots of our lives together:

He "talks" so much now! He's such a chill kid. When he wakes up, he lays there talking to whoever will listen. Lately, he's enamored by his sheet, his polka dot bumper, and his hand rattles. Moo Cow and Chicken Little are lucky little folks to get to listen to his chatter everyday.

Such a big boy! When Chase is home, we visit the parks, go hiking, 4wheeling or anything else outdoors. He is such an observer. Just like a little man looking around at everything and anything. It's like he's seeing things for the very first time. What this world must look like to him.



Who is that handsome fella? I love the look he gets when he looks in the mirror. It's like he can't get enough (you and me both, Buddy).

This is one of my favorite looks. Kinda like, "Huh?! You wanna take my picture
again?" Get use to it young man. I'm a mom, and I'm armed with a camera. You betcha' I'm dangerous! Just ask the 800 photos I've shot of you just this last month.

He's a terrible helper though when it comes to feeding time. He has to have his hands in his mouth at all times he thinks that includes when he's eating. I'm hoping "this (phase) too will soon pass" and this'll grow into him actually holding the bottle.
And for the big surprise...Drum roll please!
He's rolling over!

Here is the before (see the look of excitement?)

...And the after. The look of
what happened? says it all! He's a rolling fool. So much so that he can't sleep any more on his stomach because as soon as he gets the itch to roll, it's goodbye to sleep! (He first did it during a nap in cousin Laynie's crib. The video posted below is of his own crib at home).
Speaking of cousin Laynie, we're so happy to see her when we can! Every time we visit, I see baby Kurt do something she did. He never started to talk until he saw her do it. She grabbed her Nookie to play with it and shortly after he saw her do it, he tries so hard (sometimes not so well), and now rolling over. I like to believe she teaches him when we're not looking. He sure likes to watch her laugh and roll all over the floor.

They're such good friends. They even comfort each other when they're scared. This is a picture of the two of them holding hands. Laynie was on the floor when Kohlie started to vacuum. Laynie was a little scared so I held her. A few moments into it, I noticed they had managed to grab a hold of each other. In their own sweet way they were comforting each other. They know what sometimes we adults forget; it's all about family, folks. Thanks you two for reminding us.

Here he is, fresh from a bath. In all his glory. He loves the tubby and even more he loves showering with his dad. Once he's done, it's like he's finally free. Such a happy boy!


Such a great pose! It's like he's saying, "Take a good look world. Here I am. Loud and Proud."

And that's a quick birds eye view of our time spent lately. We're healthy, happy and loving our little family. Thanks for checkin' in.
No comments:
Post a Comment