Monday, October 11, 2010

You Amaze Me

My Son.
My Buddy.
My Shadow.Have I told you lately that you amaze me?
I see your smile in every beautiful thing around me. When we're apart, I have your face on instant recall in my head and pull it up often just to feel better.

Today was an especially hard day for me. Your brother and sister inside my tummy are making me tired, sick and feeling- well - yucky. As I said my prayers this morning I once again included my gratitude for you. You make me happy, make the yucky days bearable, and keep me going when I just want to quit.

Somehow I think you knew I was having a hard time. You were extra giving with your kisses all day and when I asked for a "squeeze" you burrowed your little body right into me while we hugged over, and over, and over. You are like my own little antidote!

I can't believe how big you're getting! You're now in a "Big Boy" seat (front facing car seat)
Your favorite words are, "Woah!", "Dad", "Mama", "Oh! (Chauncho)", "Bubba-ba (book)", "Ball" and (my personal favorite), "Duh-Duh".

You "ride" your John Deere all over the house like your own personal walker.
Your favorite games include: "Is it a hat?",
"Home Alone",
"Who's on the Phone",
"Brush your Teeth", and "Brush your Hair".You sign the word "more" for everything. You decided not to use signs you've used previously (like "please" and "again") now you simply point and sign "more". You think you can rule the world with that one simple sign. You still sign "sleepy" and "milk", but only when it suits you.

You started folding your arms all on your own. Now blessings on the food and nightly family prayers feel so complete!

You can stand for a long time without falling, as long as you're concentrated on something else.
You play well with others. Even better than that, you play so well by yourself!

You think of funny games (like spitting the frog out of your mouth and laughing at yourself).
You follow me around into each room I'm in. You don't need me to be right by your side, but just as long as we can see each other. You sit and play, talk, laugh and I realize how entertaining it is just to watch you play. Off goes the tv, the radio and everything else goes out the window as you become my favorite show.
You even like to "help" while I clean, though your help makes my tasks twice as long! When putting away laundry, you seem to think it's our own little private game. One where I take out the clothes, fold them, and then you put them right back in the basket. You funny boy.
You are inquisitive.
You love to watch everything around you. When things surprise you your face lights up, you point your little finger and say, "Woah!" or "Oh!" You love to try and figure something new out.

You can open and close drawers over and over and over. How great it is to see the world through your eyes.

You love when I decorate because you get to take it all down and then watch me put it all back together again.
You understand so much more than I think you do. When I tell you not to eat the crayon, you politely hand it over. When I tell you not to draw on the floor, you color all over the paper and really try hard to not make any stray marks.
You love to go down to the park and play with mom and dad
and best of all- swing on the swings.



You are such a Daddy's boy. You love riding on the 4 wheeler (the real one), in the hiking backpack, and playing with the horses and dogs. You are his shadow and I'm so lucky to have two wonderful boys in my life like you and Dad.

You are the light of our lives, the big brother the twins are so lucky to have, and the best boy a mom and dad could ever ask for. We love you!

Love, Mom and Dad

No comments: