I'm sorry I have nothing else to call you but: "The Twins". I'm sure throughout your life you are going to grow very tired of hearing that phrase.
After yet another doctor's appointment, I have been told that the two of you are wanting to make an early appearance. As much as I would love to have you out of my body (and so would my back!) I spend every night (and many times during the day) praying that you'll stay in there longer, if only for your sakes.I spend my days (now that Dad's home to play with your big brother) wondering about the two of you. Here's what I know so far:
1- Baby boy, you are most likely going to be first to be born. I'm counting on you as the "older brother" to take good care of your sister and always be a good example.
2- Baby girl, you are very high up in Mama's tummy and I know you are quite uncomfortable in there. I know this, because every time Mama gets comfortable, you start wriggling your way around to try and get comfortable too. You are actually growing a little bit faster than your brother (mainly due to the fact that you're on top and that doesn't give him a lot of room to grow) but I have a feeling he'll catch up soon.
3-Baby boy, you LOVE when Mama eats- anything! From water to hot cider to anything edible. As soon as something goes in my mouth, I feel you move all over the place. You're not much of a commotion otherwise. It's become my little game that when I want to feel you move, all I have to do is grab a cracker or something and POW! There you are. I have the sinking suspicion that you're going to be a good eater, much like your Dad and older brother.
4-Baby girl, you love to get your picture taken! All Queen I can tell. Every time I go in for an ultrasound, you are dancing around and it's hard to get a good shot of you because you're constantly moving. The last three times (I'm going every other week now) I've gone, we've gotten an "ok" shot from you. However, when you want to make your presence known, you do! I have an amazing shot of the lower part of your face that just sends chills up my spine. It makes you so real, and your Mama so happy.
5- Both of you are strong and determined. About a month ago the doctors were worried because even though I was technically at 25 weeks, you both were less than 24. They said not to worry yet and we'd see if you'd catch up in time. Sure enough, the last time we went in, Mama was technically at 28 weeks and 5 days and Baby girl measured 28 weeks and 5 days, with Baby boy measuring 28 weeks and 2 days! What wonderful news that was to hear!
6- You both are so lucky to have your Dad. I see him with Kurt and I wonder, "Will he be like this with the Twins?" Just as soon as I think it, I know for a fact he will be. I have only seen him completely overjoyed 2 other times in my life (once when I walked out of the temple in my wedding dress for the first time, and the other when your brother Kurt was born). That all changed the day I told him you were BOTH coming to join our family!
7-Your older brother Kurt may not know what to do with you at first, but I just know he's going to love having you both around! He's getting so big and as Mama's tummy gets bigger, I see that he gets bigger too. Although it makes me sad at times, I know it means we're both being prepared for when you two join our family. Some things will have to change, but the changes that will come will be well worth it!
So, for now, stay good and warm cooking in Mama's tummy. Enjoy your time in there and use the time to grow big and strong. When it's Daddy's turn to pray at night he always prays that you will stay in there extra long (you are suppose to come in March but Daddy always prays for you to stay in until May! It's really hard for Mama to keep quiet during those prayers).We love you, even though we don't quite know yet what to call you. You have 3 other cousins coming within just a few months after you so you have a lot of people waiting patiently for you to come.
Be well and keep growing. We all can't believe how much love for you we feel already.
Love,
Mom, Dad, Big Brother Kurt, and everyone else who loves you!
No comments:
Post a Comment