Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sew Busy!

Remember back a few weeks ago when I said I absolutely LOVE my new sewing machine?
I had asked for it for Christmas, and my husband in his wise ways decided that with two little ones coming soon after the blessed holiday, my time would be so consumed by them. Instead of waiting for Christmas to come and go, he surprised me with it around the first of October.

Since then I've been a sewing fool! Chase has The Boy for a large part of the day, out having adventures. It relaxes me and I love making things for the ones I love because as I sit and work tediously, all I think about is them and how much (I hope) they'll love it!

So, now that Christmas is officially over, I guess I can now reveal my secret sewing projects...

Let's start with aprons for the girls-
For Kohlie Girl.
I covet the material. You and I will have matching...something.
I love this almost as much as I love You!

For Kale.
I saw the material and knew I just HAD
to create something cute and frilly for her.
No pattern and two tries, but I think I got it.

For Baby Phi

(who is not so much a baby anymore!)

Church/Activity bags for the Morris girls.
Complete with crayon pockets, a back pocket, and an inside pocket.
These were fun and super easy!



Most of you know that my big brother up and took all of his darling kids and beautiful wife to Nebraska for two years. And while a part of me will never forgive him for taking them all away from me, I know it must be done. This year, instead of buying them another toy that they'd outgrow, I made them all matching hats and scarves to keep their little heads and necks warm while it's -5 degrees there (and a chilling 60 here). We miss you guys!

For the King of the Jungle-Ethan.
The only boy in a house full of women (and Jeremy I guess).
ROAR.


For the "Queen-of-Quite-A-Lot", Hailey. Just suits her, don't you think?


For Little "Addie-Tude". She loves cats and I love her. Precious, right?


A cupcake "Pom Pom" hat and scarf set for Brookie.
It just makes me think of her and how much I miss her.


Crayon rolls for the Cox kids.
Stuck out in the Northwest with a whole lot of snow.
It looks like they put these and the coloring books to good use!


Quilted camera straps for the (6) loved ones (plus my own!) who own a digital SLR camera. Sorry to ruin the surprise Conni! I'm still holding yours for ransom in exchange for some much needed friend time!

Hot & Cold therapy bags #1.
For pregnant sisters-in-law, and hard working friends.
Looking at the material just makes me happy.
Hope they make you girls just as happy!

Hot & Cold therapy bags #2. This one matches Kale's apron.
I had a few scraps left over and couldn't let them go to waste!

Phew!

I'm hoping that when these little ones come, I still find some time to sew a bit- if only for myself.
I guess we'll see sooner than later!
Wish me luck!!

No comments: