As soon as they got here, the boys set out to working on the new razor. They have a lot of work to do on it before they head up north again in a few weeks (yes, Chase will be going for a few weeks and then coming home. With the twins, we’ve decided this year we wouldn’t be living out of a tent. Halilujah! As for next year…we’ll see!) Dax, Jillian, Phi and Freyja will be going up again for the season, with Chase and his dad going out three or four times for a few weeks at a time. It’ll be hard without him, but not as hard as battling three little ones in a canvas tent would be!
The razor will be a nice addition. We had the rhino last year and though it made do, the boys decided that they’d like something (as Chase explains it), “that is for work and play”. Fine by me. It keeps them busy and they seem to enjoy it. The first thing they did when they got it home was show it off…
Phi and Kurt sure loved to play pretend.
Seeing them together like this reminded me of the last time they were together….
While the boys played with their new toy, Jillian and I were battling the circus inside.
Thanks Katie and Savannah again for the book! Phi and Kurt read it (which really means YOU read it to them) over and over, and over...and over....you get the idea. We all have the phrase, "And now it's time for baby's bed." in our heads for an eternity.
We laughed as the two of us tried to tackle 5 (yes, FIVE) kids. Three of which were under 90 days old.
She held the two fussiest (notice that is also the two girls) Ava and Freyja while I tried to cook and keep the two toddlers out of the kitchen. It was all we could do not to laugh. It truly felt like a crazy circus. Then Jillian reminded me of this...
No, that’s not Ava and Vance, that is Kurt (2 months) and Laynie (3 months) two years ago at Christmas. Notice any similarities?...
She also reminded me that last year when we were getting ready for the Yukon trip, we had two kids (and now we have FIVE)…

Oh how times have changed!
At the rate we’re going, it makes me a little concerned about how many we’ll have next year.
Having Phi around was so much fun for Kurt- and for us! She is so smart (maybe I’m biased but I’m pretty sure she can outsmart just about any two year old), hilarious and entertaining.
She thought having three babies was just “silly”. When one would cry, she’d go right over and try to put their soothie in. That was a bit confusing for Kurt, as he thinks that’s his personal job. That ensued this fiasco…
Phi would put the soothie in, Kurt would take it out. Phi would take the soothie out, Kurt would put it back in. Do you think it’s kind of like their marking their territory?
When I laid the babies down on the ground for some awake time, they felt like it was time for a picnic. I started snapping pictures and instead of saying “cheese”, had them all say, “Banana”.
Phi thought that was the funniest thing ever and for the next twenty minutes it was, “Take a picture of me saying ‘Banana!’ again”. Don’t mind if I do, my dear…
Along with two darling little girls, Jillian also brought with her a couple of blankets she made, some burp rags that matched, and two adorable texture squares for the twins. Now you can see why I showed you my sewing creations first. You’ll see how they just don’t stack up to the amazing things she does. Just look at these blankets…
The back is a type of faux chenille created by sewing 4 layers of flannel at 5/8” strips, then cut with a chenille cutter, bound and then washed. When it is done, it looks amazing! She shared the link with me back when we were both pregnant and I thought she was out of her mind! They looked (and sounded) so time consuming that I just couldn’t fathom creating one- let alone multiples (remember my twins are just two of the 6 babies born in our family this year). Lo and behold she not only made my twins each a blanket, but her two and so many others as well. I tell you, I married into the right family. There’s nothing like a little overachieving.
Chase set to work revamping the razor (adding a fancy welded roof, carpeted inside and new metal trunk), there was even time for a ride. They went “around the block” which took about ½ hour. Then I saw the look on his face, I realized it’s all worth it.
When the boys were done playing with the razor, it was sadly time for them to go. I still can’t believe they’ll be doing all the prep and we won’t be going up with them again this year. While I’m a little sad (I said a LITTLE), I sure will be thinking of them when I have a hot shower, use my sink to wash my dishes, wash my clothes (not by hand!) and have an actual toilet to use. Sorry if that’s too much information, but it’s the little things in life that keep me happy.
Thanks again you 4 for coming and hanging out. We'll relive our Yukon experience through you this time (thanks for that!). Please come again soon! We love you!
(Yep it's true: her Aunt Jillian loves her very much!)
No comments:
Post a Comment