Tuesday, June 7, 2011

4 Months

My Dear Lovelies,

You are 4 months old now! I can't believe how fast time has flown (and how slow the nights have been). You surprise me more each day and I love to see how you two are already so different.
Ava, you have become so much happier and calm. No more "Ava Bear" around our house. You've been weened off of Probiotics and though I was fearful of the outcome at first, it sure is nice to know that you're sweet all on your own!
Vance, you are still as funny, calm and engaging as ever. You went to the doctor recently because I noticed that you wouldn't look all the way to your left and favored the right side at whatever you did. The doctor said you have a slight curve to your back (an answer to why you love to arch your back and straighten out your legs when you're mad!) and so you and I go to physical therapy every two weeks to work on it. It breaks my heart to see you cry when we do your exercises, but I love that you do tummy time now and get better and better at it each time!
Ava, you often put yourself to sleep. You love your awake time and often want to be entertained someway. Once you've had your fill however, you are ready for sleep and have been known to simply fall asleep on your own before I even put you in your bed.
Vance, you love to run and kick! As soon as we put you down on the ground, your legs just start moving. Your cousin Aden just took first place in the school tirathlon and we keep teasing him that you're going to out run him in no time. We even got you these fancy new "kicks" so you can hear your feet move. You sure are a joy to have around!

Vance, though you have trouble falling asleep (you often don't like to be held because of your back and I find that swaddling you and rocking you help), but once you're asleep, you're gone! You sleep all the way through the night and if you are in a different room than your sister (she still gets up throughout the night), you've been known to sleep from 8-6! You love your sleep and you're such a good boy that I hate to admit sometimes it's hard to just let you sleep. I miss you when you're down and find that I'm excited to see you when you wake up.

Both of you have started to rock back and forth and I'm interested to see who rolls first and when that will be. I'm guessing Ava, but Vance I know you won't be far behind!

Vance, I love to see you happy during awake time. If we're not doing your exercises, you are one happy dude and are often kicking, "running" and smiling at anyone. Because of your back, you don't like to be held as much as your sister does and sometimes when you've just woken up, you become real cuddly and I love it!
Ava, you are so happy and energetic the first thing in the morning. You have a hard time waking up, but when you do, you just can't stop smiling. You often stop drinking to smile and I frequently have to wipe milk off of your face and chin because of it.
In the mornings, you two love to lay together. It doesn't take much to entertain you and even though it's so early still, it's fun to visit and watch you two together.

Ava, you love to watch your brothers.
Especially Vance.

You zone in and focus on his face so well. My favorite thing is to watch you watch him. When you see him, your eyes light up and this big smile sweeps across your face.
You can tell you just think he's the "cat's meow" and I'm glad you think so too.
Here's a video of you smiling at your brother.

Now that you're getting older, you are awake for much more of the day. I love it! Don't get me wrong, I love the infant stage. However, with two of you, I found that I was just waiting for it to be over. This is what I love! I love to see you smile, interact and watch what's going on. You both love the Bumbo seat and it sure is nice to have my hands free (if even for just a second!)

I know these days are going to go by so fast. I want to hold on to you and your tiny little bodies for as long as I can. I know not long from now, I'll look back and want these moments back again. We love you and are so glad you've joined our little family!



No comments: