Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Partners in Crime

I've always said the only thing these two have in common is their birth date.
Well that was until today.
Today, this Little Man has a partner in crime.
At nine months old, Vance is our little prankster. He is constantly into everything.
The cupboards, the drawers.
My bathroom cupboards (he loves pulling out the towels from there).
We felt like we could keep tabs on him well enough...until there were two.
Now, he's got a shadow. She's right behind him every-step-of-the-way.
It's like they had a secret discussion one day on just how to encourage each other. Vance has single-handedly took it upon himself to show Sissy the ropes.

"See here, Sissy. There's a few things you've got to know if you're going to be big like me."
First you've got to quietly scoot over to Chauncho's bed when no one's looking."

"Oh. Mom's got her camera. Quick! Act natural."
"Also, the kitchen is a great place to explore. There are so many cupboards to open and there's almost always a surprise or two on the floor. Just make sure no one sees you and dispose of it as fast as you can."
"Don't forget that if you get caught, just give them your best angelic face. When in doubt, play innocent!"

"Stop by the desk drawer and open it a few times. Sometimes Kurt Boy puts tape from the top drawer into the bottom drawer. Wait til you get your hands on that stuff! Boy is it fun. Just don't eat it. It doesn't taste that great."
"If you're lucky enough to go outside with Dad while he's working or talking on the HAM radio, be sure to get your hands (and mouth) on anything you can. I've seen Chauncho do it all the time. It's our way of marking our terriotory.

It doesn't take much to convince this pretty little girl. He starts to go, and she's not far behind.


She's all for keeping up with the boys. She gives them all a run for their money.
It's a little bit like "Monkey See, Monkey Do".

Even with all this ruckus, I'm glad they're getting along. They're entertaining themselves. My world is a little bit freer to clean up, sit and relax and just watch them enjoying play time. I never thought I'd get here. I'm like a whole new woman! I always think with more time as they play I can get so much more done. Then I find myself just watching them, running for my camera or simply sitting down to play with them.
And if they're not entertaining each other, they've got Kurt Boy to do it for them. He's the best form of entertainment for them. And me!

Video-for our entertainment

So they while they may be two partners in crime,
I'm pretty darn lucky to get to call them MINE.


Two faces to wash, and four dirty hands
Two insistent voices, making demands
Twice as much crying, when things go wrong
The four eyes closing, with slumber song
Twice as many garments, blowing on the line
Two cherubs in the wagon, soaking up sunshine
Work I do for twins, naturally comes double
But four arms to hug me, repay all my trouble.
~Author Unkown

No comments: