I swear I just looked up and suddenly November was gone. Where in the world did it go? I'm sure I was here for it. I'm sure we lived through it. I'm just not sure I remember it. Here are just a few points to help jog my memory:
November 3-
Somehow the weather turned on us. We've been enjoying warmer temperatures up until this point. If you think that stopped us from enjoying our new backyard and above ground fireplace think again!
November 5-
My nephew (#59) Layton's football team played in the playoffs at Dixie State College. There team was undefeated up until that last game. Way to go Bulldogs!
November 8-
Dad finished a long couple of weeks of work and now he's around the house a lot more.
November 12-
The twins are beginning to pull themselves up on EVERYTHING!
November 19-
Chase's cousin Luke and his family came to stay a few days.
It was great to get to see them and to visit. We feel kind of far away from everyone and are sad when we don't get to reunite often. The boys made good use of their time by building a greenhouse for us out in the back yard.
November 22-
Our neighbors (the overachievers) put up their Christmas lights before Thanksgiving and the kids were in awe! On one of our night walks I drove their stroller over to get a closer look. It was fun to see them all through their eyes. What fun this season is going to be!
November 24-
Thanksgiving came and went. I regretfully didn't get any photos because this year we went to Chase's grandparent's home in Mesquite. Caroline had so many cute nicknacks and adorable fall decorations that my entire time was spent chasing a toddler and two quick little ones around to make sure they didn't break or destroy anything!
November 25-27
We drove up to Salt Lake the day after turkey day to be with Chase's cousin Rachel at her wedding. We were so excited (ok, maybe me a little more than everyone else) to go up and see family we haven't seen in a long time, as well as see my best-est friend Joni (who just happened to marry Chase's cousin- Rachel's brother) would be blessing their very first new born baby Ellie Lynn that Sunday. Isn't she adorable?!
We were all prepared for a full weekend of friends and family and fun.It started out great. We got to the hotel and all Kurt could talk about was the pool. I ruffled through our suitcase only to find I hadn't packed my suit or the babies' float devices. So we improvised.
Dad got one on one time with each kiddo
The water was warm
Although getting out was ccccc-old.
They had a great time. Even though I forgot my suit, I was still soaked by the end from holding and passing kids to dad. Not my idea of fun. But then again, I look at these faces and realize it was the best time of my life.
As for the wedding, the kids woke up that morning with raspy voices and sickly stomachs. I regretfully had to stay with them in the hotel room while Chase attended the wedding, and thus ensued one of the most frustrating days of my life. I won't dwell on it here, just know that when Chase came back we were getting out of that room and I didn't care how!
We made a small, short appearance at the reception and I'm glad we did. Rachel looked ravishing!
We said hello to family we don't see often enough. I felt bad because not only were they not in their Sunday best (Sissy had thrown up all over 2 outfits that day so I just gave up and put her in her pjs early), but they were all so sour from this weird whatever that had a hold on them.
Kale and Kurt. Sadly, that's his smiley face. We're working on it, I promise.
(look, it's Bubba and Bubba!)
Oh these girls. To be this gorgeous and young. Doesn't Sis look just like her Aunt Kale? The first moment I saw her blonde hair and blue eyes, I immediately thought they looked alike. Let's hope!Sunday morning Chase and I left the kiddos with Grandma Julie and Grandpa Kurt (which couldn't have been fun for them) and attended Ellie's blessing. There was no way I was going to miss this!
It was a great weekend. It rounded out the month of November nicely.
If there's anything that November has taught me- it's that time DOES fly when you're having fun (and I have the never-ending-day-of-torture in a tiny hotel room to prove that fact!)
No comments:
Post a Comment