
It's been a long day.
Fun, but long.


A big shout out to my family for helping us celebrate the twins' one year birthday. I love them all more than they'll ever know.

Since it was my turn to host the cousins' dinner this month, I was ecstatic when the girls suggested I count the twins' birthday party as my turn. Really? Hang with my family, eat good food AND make it all about these two darlings? Yes please!




It was different seeing that my kids were the youngest. The big boys and cousins enjoyed the face painting, balloon animals and then turned to making fart noises with their armpits and straws. Oh the role models my boys have to look up to! They were such good sports though and we all laughed hysterically. Thanks guys (and girls) for letting me play with some leftover Halloween make up and try my hand at painting your faces!




Even Aunt Veva gave in and participated in the fun. What would a carnival be without the bearded lady? Thanks again, Aunt V. We sure love seeing your beautiful face, even if it does have a painted mustache on it.

We also wouldn't have been a legitimate carnival without our own, beautiful gypsy. My wonderful sister Jodi came and was the light of our party. How is she so pretty and can still pull off face make up and a paper hat? If only I could.


The kiddos loved their cake. Trying to keep it simple (who me?!) I purchased little wooden dolls at JoAnn's and painted them to resemble the littles. I used scraps from their outfits I made to make the pennant flag. You can thank Miriam for the lovely frosting job.

I decided to make them a carrot-pineapple cake with cream cheese frosting using Agave to sweeten it all instead of sugar. If they hadn't been so tired, I think they would have actually remembered eating it.


A big shout out to Miriam and my mother in law Julie for doing so much for me, my kidlettes and the party. Miriam entertained the older kids with her smooth balloon animal skills. Of course who wouldn't be enamored by a cute girl teaching them a new talent?

The babies loved having so many people around that wanted to love, hold and play with them.



Sissy decided for her birthday she was going to do what she wanted and climb the back stairs. Each time you walk up behind her she would shake her head and say, "Uh Oh". It makes me think maybe she's been told not to climb those stairs one or twice.


To keep everyone busy as they ate lunch, I drew a circus train on butcher paper and covered the outside tables with them, providing crayons to decorate to their liking.

even Grandpa Kurt joined in and added his artistic abilities to the lions in the cage.



Of course we had balloons, balloons, and more balloons. Vance loved playing with them like all littles do. And Kurt seemed to channel Carl from the movie, "Up". Though to this day he's never seen it.


All in all, it was a very good day. I didn't take as many pictures as I had planned, ate way too many hot dogs and popcorn, and cannot express just how thankful I am for my family.

It's because of them that we made it to this day. Thanks cousins, grandmas and grandpas, sisters and nephews. This party is not just to celebrate this first year for the babies, but for a great big Thank You for helping us make it through it!
No comments:
Post a Comment