Monday, March 5, 2012

What's a Girl To Do?

What's a girl to do?

This little gem is such a light in our home. Ava Dess is loud, she's funny, she dances like no one is watching, and she keeps up with the boys and dog like a grizzly.

Her curls, I mean, come on! It's almost like the more hair she gets, the livelier she becomes.

She often leaves me bewildered. Just where did she come from? She is such a girl, going through a gamete of emotions all within just a few minutes.

At first, she's quiet. Almost serene.
If she hears music- ANY type of music, her mood suddenly shifts
It doesn't matter if it's phone rings or whistling tunes, though nothing makes her dance like Poker Face by Lady Gaga and Feliz Navidad. No idea why. Suddenly, she's up...
She's moving.... she's grooving...
And if you are anywhere in her radius you may be pummeled by her arms waving and hands moving (sometimes) to the beat.

After the music is gone, she's quiet again. Reflective almost. Her mild, kind manner gives way to light laughing and a small smile or two.

More often than not though, just after those peaceful moments, she decides she's done. Onto better things.

It makes me wonder, just what am I going to do with her? She's so joyful, I never want her to lose that. She's so spunky, I never want to diminish that. She's so brave. I'm hoping some of that rubs off on her Mama.Whatever she is, I know what I have to do.

I have to enjoy her.
Encourage her.
Let her enthusiasm rub off on me.
Love her.

Luckily, I do.

No comments: