Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ugh.

Ugh. Not even Pinterest can take my mind off my misery right now. I've showered, I've napped, I've cleaned and prepped. Who ever thought I'd be willing these contractions to come? I thought for sure yesterday they would start.  I had a few wake me up during the night on Wednesday, but nothing more the whole day.  Just a whole lot of misery and pain. 

So today, when there has been no hint of progress (though a whole lot of movement!) from my little man, it's got me down right in the dumps.  At least everyone else in the house is resting.  That will help when I have no energy to deal with three toddlers needing my undivided attention.

With now 7 days past my original due date, I'm trying to keep an open mind.  I've been feeling like there was so much to do before the baby came, but now that it's all done I just have to sit and wait.  I've always considered myself a fairly patient person.  I guess when it comes right down to it, I'm not as patient as I'd like to be.

I guess it's true, "One moment of patience may ward off great disaster.  One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life." (~Chinese Proverb)


Luckily, I've got such great people around me that take the three amigos on little adventures and wear them out for me.  Earlier in the week, Chase and Miriam took the kids up to the cabin (Kurt affectionately calls it the "Wood House") to go fishing and cool off.  Truth be told- I would have really liked to join them, but I had visions of birthing a baby on the banks of the fishing pond and thought better of it. 
They had a great time.  In fact, Sissy and Kurt both caught pretty a good sized fish each. Bubba didn't really have the patience for fishing.  He settled instead for standing on the bank and throwing rocks.  Well, that and swinging high on the swing.  




 

I'm so grateful to have such wonderful people around to help when I'm feeling useless and huge.  I'm also really grateful for a husband who (pregnant or not), takes each kid on special outings.  This week it was Kurt's turn to go golfing with Dad.  


He sure loves his one on one time and in my current state I'm lucky just to have one less at home to worry about.  Especially because when they're in my care we go all day in our pajamas, with our hair sometimes looking like this-

Or when mom is out of the room for no more than 1 minute, come back to find Brothers in places like this (with a pair is scissors mind you!)

Or both of them doing this- 

I'm always amazed that they live to see another day.  My parenting skills at 40+ weeks pregnant have almost come to a stand still.  I'm not as quick on my feet and my usual quick response to bad behavior takes a back seat.  Instead, it takes me way too long to try and get up off the couch or from a sitting position.  I'm afraid the kids (especially Vance) has this all figured out and takes full advantage when they can. 

Here's hoping that this week we'll see some major changes.  The biggest and by far the best being able to bring our baby brother home.  Keep your fingers crossed.  I'm not sure how much longer this Mama can make it. 

No comments: