That's roughly 3,285 days.
That's 78,840 Hours!
I'd count the minutes, but I'll save you the imagery.
9 years ago I thought I had it all figured out. I had a handsome husband, a job that I loved teaching school and I knew just what was in store.
If you would have told me then that I would be here, with 5 kids, our own business and that I'd be homeschooling and a large part of us would be vegan- I would have told you to see a psychiatrist. Now, I'm afraid I'm the one who needs to see one.
Looking back, it feels like someone else's life. I mean- look how tiny Chauncho was!
So much has happened.
We had a baby-
The three of us lived in a tent in the Yukon and got attacked by mosquitos while Dad worked-
But Kurt baby loved the lake (no, that's not Baby Grant!)
We came home with a few surprises-
and a few months later we brought home two tiny little preemies-
We bought a house that I absolutely LOVE- and we lived. We really lived. The babies grew and the years passed like days, but the days lasted for years-
Soon, we felt someone was missing and welcomed a fourth little soul into our family-
Life felt crazy and hectic, but at the same time it felt right-
The kids begged for another baby (how could we say no?)-
This last year adding a fifth may have sent me over the edge but again, it just felt right- I know some people think that 5 kids is a lot (or too many) but to us it just feels like Family.
Now, getting out on a date takes an act of congress. We get out and try to live life. It's hard after all day of work, school and endless amounts of kids. Luckily we have great help and lots of family around.
And look how cute my date is now!
Time has made him more handsome to me. I love all the worry lines and all of the calluses on his hands. We have taken up birdwatching (what else do you do when you're a weird vegan!?) and hiking on our date nights.
This is a busy time for us as a family, but it's the time we take together putting each other first that is going to make our family be the best it can be. I just need to remember that more than once a week!
I can't wait to add 78,000 more hours with him and our brood.




















No comments:
Post a Comment