As I've said before (and I'm sure I'll say again), WE LOVE OUR CO-OP! For years when I started homeschooling, I didn't do anything "extra". It seemed all I could do to just get up in the morning with tiny kids and figure out a way to entertain and teach them all (not to mention all of the other household duties that needed to be done).
By the time school was done for the day, I was spent! It didn't leave any extra time for socializing or getting together. Fast forward a few years when a friend from my ward stopped me in my tracks. There was a homeschool mom retreat and she asked if I was going. When I told her I hadn't planned on it she said, "You know, the homeschool community is just as much for the moms as it is for the kids."
She, of course, was right. I was trying to do it all. Be it all and not ask for any help in the process. It wasn't just hurting the kids, it was also hurting me by not allowing someone else to share the load.
The good news is I DID go to that homeschool mom retreat and when I walked in, I realized I had met my people. From then on, they've been a huge part of our lives! Our friendships have blessed our families a hundredfold! We see them not just as friends, but truly as extended family.
No comments:
Post a Comment