Saturday, May 5, 2012

Everything I needed to know in life I have learned from the fair.

There is nothing like feeling the sun on your face and the wind in your hair as you hit the pavement at 1mph in a little red sports car!

This weekend was the annual Mesquite Days Fair.

Is it just me or does everything seem so much smaller now?  The last time I attended this fair I was so young.  Everything looked so bright, so large, so glamorous.  Either I've grown over the years, or the carnival has shrunk.  For my own sanity, I'm going to go with the later.  

I realized this year as my family and I took my little ones to the fair for the first time, that I was seeing this through a whole new set of eyes.  Eyes that only see the glamour, the intrigue and the splendor.  And that's when I realized that everything in life I needed to know I already learned- from the fair. 

*Sometimes the anticipation is just as exciting as the moment itself. 
Aunt Jenn showing Kurt Boy the beginning of the parade. 
*Don't just stand around- 
life is meant to be explored and discovered!


*Good things often come in small packages
Can Shetlan ponies be any cuter? 

My own little cuties!

 *Life can be just as exciting when you're the spectator



 *When you're unsure of what's to come, it helps to have someone to hold on to. 


*When life gets a little "windy" make the best of it!





*Bigger and louder isn't necessarily always better. 

The twins getting help from Layton and Uncle John when the firetruck gets closer.

*Sometimes the things you talk (and sing about) 
can be just as awesome in real life. 
Kurt was so excited to see the fire trucks he could hardly stand it!

 *Don't be afraid to jump in and get your hands dirty (and wet!)
*Just go where the wind takes you



*Don't be afraid to break the rules once in a while.  
It may help you see more clearly. 


*Life isn't always about winning the prize, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to bring back a souvenir.   

 And lastly,
*Enjoy the ride.  It's over way too soon!



Thanks again Mesquite Days Fair for bringing out the kid in all of us.
Until next year...

No comments: