Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What a Catch!

Somehow, without my permission, this young man turned three.  



I had been on pintrest a few months back and pinned a picture of a campfire cake.  He happened to see it once and exclaimed, "Look Mom!  My birthday cake!  With a hot-hot fire on it!" I figured it was the least I could do to make his campfire dreams come true.  Anyone that walked in the door that day, he took straight to the fridge (though he couldn't open it by himself) to show it off.


A few of our friends and family met down at the pond for some fishing, food and fun.






I loved watching everyone on the bank talking, laughing and, of course fishing.




This big boy was in heaven!  Running from the pond to the grass, to the table of presents, to the jar of trail mix.






Ethan was the first (and only) one to catch a fish.  It was big and beautiful!  He was very diligent in watching and waiting, even when everyone else was busy eating.  He truly is a real fisherman!




Kylee Jo even brought Kurt his very own fish!  He's very diligent about feeding it (though I'm a little worried that he's over feeding it). What a thoughtful girl!


A lot of love was shared and felt.  We sure do love our family!

In case you can't tell- he's pretty happy to be three!

We ate, and ate,
and ate some more.

We ate until we were eating by candlelight.  Very fitting for a fishing party I'd say.

Oh!  The best part about the cake (there were so many) was that Miriam made it (completely sugar free cake and yummy, yummy icing) CAMOFLAUGE!  It was so much fun.  She really is a talented girl, that one.  We're lucky she's in our lives.


And Seth too.  This was his last party/hoorah before leaving the next day to Missouri.  Next week it's off to the MTC.  We'll miss you, Seppy!


Our fish mascot.  He hung in there to the very end.

Kurt opened gifts, hugged some more and played with cousins until dark.











It wasn't long before our fish went the way of all the earth (poor sad birthday boy!) and by then we knew the magical night was officially over.


Sweet dreams, my dear, sweet three year old boy. 
This year try and drag your feet a bit.  
Just so that I can be ready for you to grow up more.
These birthdays are hard on me. 
We sure love you, Kurt Boy. 

No comments: