Wednesday, June 12, 2013
37 Weeks
...Wait! What!?! How did we get here? 37 weeks? Didn't I just find out I was expecting? I think for me this pregnancy has been the fastest by far because A-it isn't my first, B-I'm not on bed rest and C- there's just no time to stop and think about it!
It does however come around to remind me in the dark of the night when sleep fails and the miserable 8 hours start. Honestly, I do remember a time when sleep was actually a release. Now it just feels like fighting a losing battle.
I honestly can't- and won't- complain though. I'm one of the lucky few who survive well through pregnancy. I'm not really miserable until...well...now. With 3 weeks to go, baby boy is head down. I'm at a 2, with 60% effaced- he's getting ready. Me on the other hand? I'd count me in the not-so-ready category.
I honestly thought I had so much more time. June seemed like light years away back in December. Somehow time passed and days turned into weeks which somehow remarkably turned into months. Funny how that happens.
Today at my doctor's appointment, we started discussing delivery in the real sense and as I was leaving he nonchalantly commented, "Just pack a go-to hospital bag so you're ready whenever". As the door shut behind him I sat there in the stuffy room thinking I had heard him wrong. Why on earth would I pack a hospital bag when I still have so much time?
On the drive home I started mulling over just exactly how much time 3 weeks is and quickly came to the conclusion that it's not a lot. I was 2 weeks early with Kurt. If that happened this time, I'd have this little bundle of boy in my arms in just 1 short week. 3 weeks is nothing! It's more like a week in mom-time! Then the realization hit that with the twins, I was exactly 35 weeks the day I had them. Holy Moly! That means I have officially been pregnant longer than I was with them. Let's just say that realization did not sit so well with me.
So here's to my new resolve. To get ready, or die trying! Tomorrow I'll make a list. I'm good at that. I'd attempt it tonight, but I'm afraid it would just throw me over a panic stricken edge. I'll tackle that list one item at a time, knowing that even if all went according to plan, things will fall out of place. I'll reassure myself that I'll handle it with grace under pressure (while secretly praying I actually will), and I'll leave it at that. Let the water roll off my back. See- I'm even doing it already!
So, with 37 weeks down and about 3 (at least that's the number I'm shooting for) more to go, I am a new, focused, devoted mom. Now someone just hast to tell my other three babies that life for them is going to change just as much and that they're having to grow up faster these next few weeks because this Mama has got to get down to business!
Let me know how that goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment