Saturday, June 29, 2013

One Hot Mama

I bet from that title post you were expecting something completely different, weren't you? Well, sorry to disappoint you but it means just what it says.

With only one more day until my official due date, and NOTHING happening, mixed with scorching temperatures like these:

Does NOT make for a happy pregnant woman. 

I, like everyone else am trying everything to make this heat bearable. From pools to splash pads, to staying still inside with the ac cranked, yet nothing seems to help. I feel Iike I'm cooking a reasonable sized turkey in my belly and the oven is always set on high. 


Part of my problem is the realization that nothing has officially started with labor and that my due date will come and go without so much as a hello. 

This time (for a number of reasons) I'm determined to let him come when he wants. That, my friends was a much better idea a few months ago without this agonizing heat. I know this won't be forever, that I'll get to meet him soon and then deal with a newborn + overextended temperatures, but at this point- I'll take anything else. 

So for now I'm continuing to bake.  Outside my body and in.  Here's to one more week(?) a day (?) a few hours (?) One thing is for sure, I am sure ready to love this little guy.  I'd just like to love him inside with the ac on.  Deal Little Man? 

No comments: