Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving Traditions

With another successful Feast of Life over and done, it was time the next day to enjoy our traditional Thanksgiving events in Littlefield with family.  This year though Grant was able to walk on his own, I still followed him around worried that he'd trip and fall again.  Luckily my cousin Mel was there to make sure he was taken care of too.  Love that girl! 



King of the Mountain! 



Every year this is the first place she and Vance want to go first.  This year she was quite surprised at how much Joy ate out of her hand. 


It doesn't matter the species- he loves ALL living things! 


Aden was so great to take the little ones for rides over and over.  It was nice to pass that job onto someone else.  Be careful with my babies!


Cash has always wanted to be a "cowboy" and today he was!  He even got thrown off a little (shh! don't tell Grandma) and got right back on.  Whatta' Guy!


It's like she was born in the saddle. 


I was really proud of Kurt this year.  In the past he's always preferred to sit back and watch while others rode.  This time, however, he was more than happy to ride and wanted to take the horse out on his own with no lead rope.  It made me quite nervous but he was a pro. 


And then there's Vance.  I didn't dare tell him how to kick to make Joy go any faster.  I was afraid he would take off and never come back.


Grant loved the horses!  He wanted to go by himself but I just couldn't bring myself to let him.  




No comments: