After 3 and 1/2 weeks here in wonderful Pennsylvania, we leave today to fly back home. Because we couldn’t find any available flights out of New York this time, we took a 3 hour drive to get to the Ohio airport. There we waited for another 2 hours before boarding a less than 5 hour flight home.
As worried as I was about the eternally long day we’d have, apparently my wonderful Mother-in-Law was just as worried for me. Somehow she managed to find the perfect book for each and every child. She included each a snack and a treat, as well as a wrapped gift for them to open once we were in the air. Her gifts truly changed my trip!
Because we wouldn’t be getting in until around midnight our time, we dressed all of the kids in their warm Christmas jammies for the flight. We received a few odd looks, but for the most part people would comment on how warm they looked and how they too wished they could be in their pajamas for the flight.
The kids were once again very well behaved- except (once again) for the youngest monster. I thought for sure he’d sleep on the flight for at least a little while! There wasn’t even a flicker of an eyelid.
It took every last one of us to keep him entertained (I was once again so grateful for Ava and all of her help with him. She really is my lifesaver!)
We finally made it and I didn’t realize just how much I missed home until we were there once again. As much fun as we had there, it sure is good to be home!











No comments:
Post a Comment