Wednesday, February 1, 2017

My World


Today while we were working on a school project, I needed to have a picture of each of them.  It was one of those moments of simplicity, interrupted by eternity.  As I snapped a quick photo of each child, I was stopped in my tracks.  It was like life was fast forwarding (or rewinding- I couldn’t tell which) and I saw in each of them a quick flash of their baby faces, and then what they’ll look like in 5 more years.  


Young men and women who (hopefully) are kind and considerate.  
Who take care of the earth as well as each other.  


People who try hard to do what’s right, even when everyone else says it’s wrong.  


Human beings who rise to a challenge and who lead others into greatness.  


For today I will choose to see them just how they are- children on loan to us as we do our best to teach them right from wrong, to live and love the plan of salvation, and who love their family and strive for greatness. 


It may be a lot to imagine right now, so I think I will just focus on getting through the first grade. 

No comments: