This young man is taking cues from his Dad. Kurt has been waiting on bated breath for the LEGO movie 2 to come out in theaters. A few days ago he asked if he could take me out on a date and pay for my ticket, and maybe a little popcorn too.
When the day came he was almost giddy. He couldn’t eat, he couldn’t concentrate. 4:00 couldn’t come fast enough!
While at the movie theater, he held the door open for me and was a complete gentleman. He was very eager to make sure he paid for every bit of it and I was happy to let him. He bought our tickets and a small popcorn.
During the movie, he laughed so much and had to re-tell me all of the funny parts.
Afterward, he was on cloud nine and informed me that he had found some coupons in the mailer the other day and had two-for-one ice cream and had just enough for one last treat for the night.
When we got to the ice cream place and he pulled out his coupon, I realized it was to the wrong place. He was so worried. I quickly told him that since he was so generous and paid for me all night that I (like the progressive woman I am) would like to treat HIM. His eyes lit up and he shouted, “OKAY!”
Together we shared one of my favorite treats and talked again all about our favorite parts of the movie. I enjoyed myself immensely and know for sure that I see a second date in our immediate future.




No comments:
Post a Comment