Here we are again! At our favorite RV park in Missoula, Montana. It's funny that my kids have a favorite RV park, but being to as many as they have at their ages, it's not hard to see why. At Jim and Mary's we're treated like family.
Cash has played more Pokemon and the boys are constantly trading cards, building decks and trying their hand to beat each other. It has led to many hours of bonding. For me, it's been a road-trip life saver.
Once at Between the Rivers (in Washington), the kids were once again, right at home.
Cash and Grant played at Kids Kamp while Ava was their Jr. Helper.
Cash played more than I ever saw him before. He was always with a group of kids playing Banana Tag or Sardines. He loves running and I love this picture because it's so him.
Ava was a great helper. Kari named her a "Jr. Kids Kamp Leader" and she took her job helping very seriously. They dyed silk scarves with natural ingredients and it was a good 2-3 day process. Here they're rinsing out the scarves dyed with tumeric.
Dad and his bear claw necklace he traded for.
A few days out of the week was so hot that the kids all played in the water, stayed in shade and even had popsicles.
The creek was busy on such a hot day!
They're faces make me laugh so hard. If you can't tell- it was QUITE cold!
This guy. He jumps in the creek without a second thought. I had to grab a picture of him getting out because he always shook off like a wet dog. Tongue out and all.
I can't even count the number of times these boys jumped off the bridge. Possibly hundreds. I lost count.
I talked Grant into jumping and told him I'd pay him $1. He did it in a blink, though he was super mad at me after because he, "didn't want to get wet".
Even Cash went in, though once was enough for him.
I love this photo. If you can't tell, he's been working on his one-eye-wink.
I think it's coming along, don't you?
Also, I made this basket↓. I took a class the first day and it only took me about 5 hours from start to finish. I really enjoyed myself and want to make more of them! It reminded me of when my mom used to weave baskets at night after work.
The kids tried to catch frogs at the creek for hours with no luck. One mom came over, scooped down and picked one right up. Apparently, she had the right touch!
Leave it to all those crazy homeschool kids to build boats out of forged materials and race them down the creek.
One night there was a bagpiper in camp. The little ones followed him around as he played music. The other kids just sat and stared. Not Grant- he took this as his golden opportunity to be center stage and have an audience. Don't encourage him.
Getting ready to trade and sale. One of the highlights of the entire week.
It's been a great week of learning and playing. We look forward to this event every year and we're already counting down the 365 days until we get to come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment