Monday, December 16, 2019

It's Christmastime Again

Every year I say it again- but MAN, that year just flew by!

This month is proving the same. Before you know it, we will be ringing in the new year.  Time is just flying by so fast!

To celebrate the holiday season, Nemo came out to visit for a week or so and with her, she brought her talent and baking abilities.  We had a great time making (and eating!) gingerbread houses










Making gifts for our co-op Secret Santa, 








Receiving gifts from our co-op Secret Santas











Attending our Ward Christmas party







And as per tradition, seeing Santa at the mall




We even brought our newest baby cousin, Lev to see the big guy too.


We love having babies in the house again!  We all get to fight over who gets to hold him next







Christmas means setting up the kids' tree upstairs.  I always love this activity because the tree is filled with ornaments from each Halloween that we dressed up as a family, as well as ornaments we've collected as we've traveled all over.  Each stop at a new national park, we spend time picking out just the right ornament to add to our tree that year.  I call it our "memory tree" and I can't wait to share these same memories with their children when they're older! 


Christmas time also means that we voluntarily spend most of our mornings out in the front room.  That means school together cuddled up on the couch by the Christmas tree and fireplace. 


It even means that we bring our work out into the front room.  Grant has been doing his preschool out in the front room and that means that Dad grabs his fiddle and joins in the fun.  There's nothing like hearing a fiddle version of ABC mixed a little with "Ode to Joy". 



I love this little Christmas learning.  It feels calmer, sweeter maybe even a little more fun. 




I know it won't last long, but for now it gives our school mornings just a little more magic. 


No comments: