Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Grandmas & Giggles



OK, so I know this is outdated. I wanted to jot this down in my journal before time got away from me. I loved thanksgiving this year! Mom had a great idea that after our dinner at Uncle Dan's, we'd go have a "Girls' Night" at Grandma Mac's. DeVere has been in the hospital and we all wanted to share as much time with Grandma as possible. What fun we had! Grandma still makes me laugh so hard. All night we laughed until we cried as we talked about our memories, read Grandma's 90th birthday scrapbook Christy made her, and talked until the wee hours of the morning. I rarely get to spend quality alone time with my sister Jenn and my mom, so what a plus to have Aunt Veva, April, Martha, Kylee (and even Zach) around to visit with.

This is one of my favorite pictures. Unfortunately it was late and I didn't get many, but what I did get is priceless to me. I just love the looks on Martha and Jenn's faces. It is the moment for that night. These videos were taken quite late. We had urged Grandma to remember some of our most favorite songs. Here she sings her version of, "I know how ugly I are..." Enjoy.

Watchers be warned. This song is not something to be passed along much in our generation. It is a song I can remember Grandma singing for as long as I can remember. She'd sing it as we were cleaning or walking or basically doing anything. If you listen to the words carefully, you'll see that they are in no way politically correct. Not one I'd pass along, but definitely something I will remember. I'm not sure what the official name is. To me I simply call it, "Yellow-headed pickannini".


No comments: