We enjoyed our (now 4th year) tradition of creating gingerbread houses with my family. It was great this year to see the kids really get into it.
When we started Ethan (Jeremy's oldest) was still so young. Now it seems like there are little tots (and big kids) making house after house and the adults are just trying to keep up.
Check out Avery (the oldest. Only a little thing when I was going on my mission). He has grown into such a nice young man. I can't believe he just turned 11. He's growing like a weed and I sure couldn't be prouder of him.
Layton (the dashing one with the blue eyes) made the coolest creation. After a few failed attempts at the house, he turned his gingerbread into a football goal. He even added the correct number of gummibears complete for his scrimmage. He also added to my simple creation by making a fire out of licorice so that my little gummibear could roast a marshmellow. What a guy.
Ethan and Hailey stayed true to their houses and enjoyed the creation as well. I still can't believe they are so smart and entertaining. Ethan now rocks out to (complete with hand motions and claps right-to-the-beat) to Timbland's song, "Apologize". It's so cute the way he concentrates every time he knows he has to clap. Amazing. I can't even get some of my fifth graders to clap on the beat.
Check out Hailey's rendition of "Big Girls Don't Cry". The cutest thing ever. Just gives me goose-pimples. She knows the chorus real well and kind of half hums the rest. My favorite part? When Fergie sings, "It's time to be a BIG GIRL NOW", Hailey sings, "It's time to be a BIG GROWN UP". Cutest thing ever.
Addy; well Addy's just the sweetest little thing ever. She has gotten more comfortable with us now after Thanksgiving and boy do I love her! She has started to talk a lot and is memorized by the dog. One afternoon she looked right at his cage, pointed to him and said very clearly, "Chancho". Amazing.
Our next addition to the family party was my older sister Jodi. She brought her talents clearly to the table by creating a nativity scene (that's right!) completely out of candy. What talent (check the Jodi's poem page of this blog to see more of her work). Look closely to see the cow in the corner. He's my favorite.
It was wonderful to spend time with family, watch them grow and see just how much love I feel for them. That is the best feeling in the world.
Until next time.
Love, Me.
No comments:
Post a Comment