Monday, September 8, 2008

My Husband the Fisher-Man


I love him. I love him, I do.

My husband is the best kind of "Jack-of-all-trades". Whatever he tries his hand at he does well. He maps, he hikes, he hunts. His new passion is adding to his love for fly fishing, he has begun to hand make fly fishing rods.

Knowing nothing about anything fly-worthy, I am amazed at his skill. He can sit at the table (boy would I love a fly tying table for him so we could have our dinner table back!) for hours on end bending over a rod. When he starts out it looks simple enough, but when he ends up- it's gorgeous! Did you know that the material holding the "eyelets" onto the poles is not tape; it is a certain type of string wound so tightly that it literally looks like colored tape.

We've been experimenting with photos but none have really come out well. He is now making a beautiful green and gold one, as well as a "Laker" pole for a fishing buddy of his all decked out in corresponding purple and yellow. I'll have him add pictures of those on here as soon as it's done.

Because I just think he is the "Cat's Meow" (do people still say that?) I love anything and everything about him. He's even started his own blog! I've been bugging him for months to write down some of his adventures while out with our dog, Chauncho. They have such fun times and things happen to him that I swear that don't happen to anyone else.

You can find their adventures (ok, only one to date but they're going Dove hunting tomorrow and he promises there will be more) at:

No comments: