Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sketches

So..Doctor's orders. I'm hanging out. Doing nothing. Did I mention I am going stark-raving-mad!?!? I feel like Frankenstein (the pills I have make me sleep like a bear!) who is kept in a cage. Good thing I get to go back to school tomorrow!

As there is not much to do while I sit around, I've been surfing the net, reading, downloading my pictures (so many drafts on here without pictures it was just sad) and adding drawings to my sketch book. I know I'm no "Jeremy Cox" (did I mention my Bubba is an amazing artist?!), but I've been trying my hand at pencil sketches. As many of you know, I'm more of a cartoon-doodle kind of a gal. I've decided to branch out (knowing that I'm going to fail miserably along the way) and try a different approach.

As I'm laid up in bed, I have no drawing books and have to rely solely on the internet and everyone else's artistic ability. These are my drawings but someone else's originals. Sadly, some don't even look like the original. It kind of makes me angry that I so desperately want this realistic picture to come out a certain way, yet somehow my "cartoon-ishness" comes screaming out. There are some absolutely amazing artists out there and I can't believe I'm trying to measure up to them. I can't believe I'm going to share these (maybe it's the medication talking) otherwise I would feel oh so very unproductive.

Here are just a few to start...






















That's it. I have more but sadly, they're no where near ready. I've got into a pattern of trying to draw babies and animals. The last drawing (Baby Jake) didn't turn out anywhere near where I wanted. The main focal point was his darling big baby blue eyes. I think I focused too much on his eyes because that seems to be the only thing I drew.













I guess I'm chalking it all up to experience and try, try again. Let it be known that from here on out, it will get better.

Until next time!
Love, Me.

No comments: