We've been busy!
On the third day, it took both Chase and I to take everything down (though I admit he did WAY more than I did!). I felt bad leaving The Boy in the play pen at first. That was until I heard him talking to anyone who will listen.
He was hungry and getting restless but I just couldn't resist snapping some video of him. He seems to have found his voice and loves the echo of the tent (or the house, or anywhere really).
As you watch the video, let me preface by saying that I have been using bits of sign language (if you know me well, you know I can't spell words without signing at the same time) since the day he was born. I know no one will believe me on this, but I watch to see his hands move and on this particular day he was hungry (but being so good in the crib so I had to take full advantage while I could). If you watch toward the end, you may (depending on your perspective I guess) see him do the "milk" sign. It only happens when he's excited and hungry. Don't worry though, we'll keep working on it.
Needless to say, camping with a 5 month old is completely different than before. I'm grateful to my husband who is my rock, my best friend and who is so patient with me as I need a few freak-outs now and then (there is so much dirt! I HATE being dirty). He's a great partner, an amazing confidant, and a one-in-a-million dad. Funny that I can take baby poop, spit up and drool, but dirt? No thank you! He on the other hand, is noticeably the opposite...
No comments:
Post a Comment