Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

He takes men out of time and makes them feel eternity.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Every year these words of Ralph Waldo Emerson reemerge in my head and once again I feel the overwhelming joy (especially now!) for the atonement of Jesus Christ that allows my family to be together once again after this mortal life is over. I look at my amazing husband, my adorable son and I shutter to think otherwise.
Easter this year was great. Simple, nothing overboard. Chase and I focused on the spirit we felt as we listened to conference together, went to the temple and celebrated our 3rd anniversary. Like Emerson states, it's times like these I feel the veil between this life and the next (or the previous) is paper thin and I feel the pull to try even harder to endure to the end.
Here's hoping that I can keep this eternal perspective throughout the coming years. All I need to do is look into both of these boys' eyes to know I'll do everything in my power to make it possible.

No comments: