Thursday, April 15, 2010

Let's Eat!

Well, it's official.
We've started food. It's taken me a few weeks (don't judge) to get the swing of things. My first attempt was, well- sad. I had the consistency way off and he let me know it.

The first run as you can see was not so good.

So much so that he would preferred rather to try to eat the airplanes on his bib instead of the food I had prepared. Don't get any ideas young man. Your Mama is not a short-order cook.

Rice cereal take 2...
Much better this time. I made it super runny, so it was almost like his milk. It was a circus act trying to get it to stay in his mouth, but he started to get the hang of that whole tongue thing.
And then rice cereal take 3... Getting better! Realized the bumbo and tray are my saving grace!
Got more on the bib than in the mouth, but we made progress!
And here we are folks, pureed apples are a hit! So it's apples in the morning (just a bit), and rice cereal at bedtime. What a good boy he is! Learning something new everyday.

PS- how cute is he that he loves Jenn's dog, Tucker? He seems to be a bit apprehensive of The Chaunch (who wouldn't be?) so Tucker was just the right size!


Here's just a fun little video of him talking it up. It seems to be all he wants to do lately. I just know that soon his voice will change and it won't sound the same any more so I want to capture it as much as possible!




No comments: