Good gracious, Ingenious! This is not helping me in my quest to let them be more independent!
This boy is my most daring, free spirited "I'll-try-it-once" little man. He is always climbing and riding and trying and...falling. This time he was playing around in the hammock (which they had been doing for hours) and it collapsed. His brother and sister that were with him fell as well and I was more worried about them. They stood up and walked away, while he on the other hand- landed right on a rock.
I thought he was overreacting a little (the fall was only a few feet)- until I saw the blood dripping from his eye. He had it covered so, as you might have guessed my stomach did flip flops as I secretly freaked out on the inside (ok maybe a little on the outside as well). Once he moved his hand, I knew right away we were headed to the ER.
He did great! He was a little squeamish when the wonderful nurse got near him with the numbing gel, but she was so lighthearted and entertaining than he really didn't seem to mind (thank you Nurse Jackie!)
Only two tiny little stitches and he's all better! Because it's on his face, we have to cover his scar in the sun and overnight for the next year and a half. It may be inconvenient, but I'll do anything to save this darling little face of his.
It's late and he's all sewn up. Now it's off to bed and try to fight off the bad dreams of something happening to my babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment