Saturday, October 20, 2018

Kurt's Spy 9 Party

As it was quickly approaching Kurt's 9th birthday, Kurt had a plethora of ideas for an activity. When we found out the Morris cousins were coming here for their fall break, he begged and begged to have a party while they were here.  How can I say no, especially when he comes up with fun ideas like this...

We looked on Pinterest together and he took off with the ideas.  He planned out a photoshoot, made TNT for the table, decided on different types of food to have and the type of games and secret codes he wanted to use.  When it came time for the cake, he had much more grandiose ideas than I did, but I told him SOMETHING at his party needed to be a surprise, so I took care of that. 




He wanted everyone to have badges, glasses, mustaches and spy glasses. 

We had a lot of fun coming up with different secret agent names.  


10 points for whoever can guess where Shay's agent name comes from! 


Agent K- Code name, "Raven Nitro".


The mustache was his idea. I can't get used to it.  It makes him look like he's 40. 

"G. Unit"

"Ace Danger"

Practicing his stealth moves on the explosives.

"Dark Viper" (aka Magnum P.I.)

"Dark Snake and Dark Viper"


"Silver Darkness" (I see a trend)

"Bush Craft"

"Phoenix Goldeneye"


No one can see "The Flash".

She's incognito. 

Secret Agent Training Center.



The kids were all put into teams and given two minute to win it games to complete.  
Once they were finished, they were given a clue (in a secret code) to where one of the gifts was hidden. 




Teamwork! 



She's a pro!




Even the littles joined in the fun.

Found some!


For the last and final mission, the kids had to go outside and complete the "laser maze" to find the last and final prize.  As you can see, some of them really got into it.  



Such concentration! 



Look at all that loot!


Jackpot. 


Mission Accomplished!  Now let's eat. 


Kurt was so excited that in lieu of a regular candle, I instead opted for a sparkler candle instead.  


Warning: This cake will self-destruct in 3...2...1


BANG! 


One of the best parts of kids' birthday parties for me is the faces they make when they open their gifts. 



What a fun group!  Now this team of spies in training are off to the arcade to play some pinball! 


No comments: