Ordinary days are filled with extraordinary moments.
Moments like FHE when we role play being gracious. Dad "drove" the kids home and each of them practiced being Kind Kids and then practiced again being Gracious. Mostly it was mom and dad being super silly, but it will be one they remember for sure.
The twins have been waiting (im)patiently for their loose teeth to come out. Tonight while at the pool, Vance was eating an apple and it literally POPPED right out! Ava was a little jealous, but in true twin form...
Her tooth POPPED right out that same night only an hour later.
When it starts a warm rain, there isn't much to do, but lay out and catch it in the face.
I also love the beginning of school. Things are fresh. Everyone is excited about new school supplies and new workbooks. Getting them to do their work isn't the hard part- keeping that momentum going is.
We also had another pinewood derby for Kurt. He loved his car from last time so much (he told me what to draw on his car and he painted it) that he raced it again.
He came in 6th and won an award for "Best Imagination".
We also love our Friday Field trips.
We have a new construction room at the Children's Museum that the boys just adore.
It's full of (as they say), "Worker Guy" stuff.
There is a lot of building and knocking down. They're in boy heaven!
We also purchased individual student desks this year and they love having their own personal space.
...yet somehow they still find a way to spread out to my space.
I forgot how much fun doing math with this kid is!
There's also a lot of reading going on with kids working hard to finish their reading charts and earning some reading dates.
This guy says, "Mom, I can do my hair all by myself. I'm lookin' fresh and clean!"
Cash is loving reading! He was a little impatient with me at first that I wasn't teaching him fast enough. Now that he has his letter sounds down, he is on fire! He reads anything and everything- even if it doesn't understand what it says. His love of reading is very exciting!
Ava has worked so hard to finish her reading chart (40 books!) over the summer. I told her I would surprise her with a special reading date just for her and I. I know how hard that was for her and that she went to a lot of work and energy to get it done.
A view of our school room wall. Notice Kurt's paper countdown chain for his birthday!
School means getting back into our family science and history units. We are starting off our science learning about energy and how it is transferred/ conducted.
Sometimes it's just too nice of a day to stay inside and do school.
So school is off to a good start. We always love this time of being together, learning new things and taking adventures together. Because, it's the ordinary moments that form our extraordinary days.



























No comments:
Post a Comment