"Come one, come all to the greatest show of all!"
I don't know if you know this- but Halloween is kind of 'my jam. I used to loathe this holiday and never looked forward to the decorations or the candy or the costumes. But fast forward a few years and I realized as a mom, Halloween means I can dress my kids up in cute outfits and the holiday takes on a whole new meaning.
Each year the kids and I think all through the year of the theme we want for Halloween. This year we couldn't decide between Star Wars, The Circus, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Just at about the last second we finally decided on the circus. Everyone kept asking the kids if they were The Greatest Showman for Halloween and they would get so confused. I finally told them that the music they listen to 24 hours a day is from a movie about a circus.
This little lion has a lot of love to give, even if it does come with so much bundled energy.
I love his little lion face!
As soon as we started thinking about going as a circus troupe, Kurt wondered what he'd be. When I described all of the different characters, it was pretty clear just who he wanted to be. And he exemplified it well. I sure love this guy!
The man, the myth, the muscles!
Cash was a great "Strong Man". He looked so adorable I just wanted to SQUISH him.
Once Vance watched a few mime videos, he took on the character with lots of gusto. He loved practicing his skill and I loved watching him get better and better.
"Darling girl, when all else fails...join the circus!"
All Ava wanted was to be someone that gets to wear make up. She started asking 5 hours before we even thought about getting dressed. She loves putting make up on, I'm just hoping I can prolong that for as long as possible so she can stay my sweet, little girl.
Our ward Halloween party was a blast!
The kids got their fill of candy, doughnuts, cotton candy and caramel apples.
As you can see- they didn't have any fun AT ALL.
Cash went over the planko game and played over and over until he finally won a king sized candy.
That's just what he needs- even more sugar.
Ready to go trick-or-treating!
And in true Dad fashion, Dad had them "practice" at our door first.
Don't let him fool you. He has way TOO much fun handing out candy to the neighborhood kids!
He's a lot of treats- with only a few tricks.
"Families that TRICK together STICK together!"
Good thing he's got all of this strong muscles to help him hold all that loot!
"Don't see me Mom" he says as he steals another candy for his bag.
The handsomest trick-or-treater on the block!



















No comments:
Post a Comment