Happy Birthday, Twinners!
It's true- It IS Great to be EIGHT!
We had each of the kids choose two friends to invite over to play some games and have some treats.
I love their groups of friends. It was a LOUD and crazy, but very fun few hours.
We first played a game where we wrapped the birthday kids in crepe paper and then had a competition to see who did it the best. It's always a competition with twins!
After the birthday wrapping game, the kids realized that playing with the torn up crepe paper was more fun than the actual game.
It became the best part of their evening. As you can see- they genuinely had a great time....
....and made a GIGANTIC mess!
A true testament to what it means to be a kid!
This is how Chase and I spent most of the party.
After a quick game of clean up, we challenged the kids to an epic competition to see which pair of kids could win at the "chip game". Chase and I went first to show them how it was done and I'm afraid I laughed so hard that I was crying- and therefore we lost terribly.
Basically, there was just a lot of general silliness going on.
But we had a blast and made some great memories.
Afterwards we broke out the pizza, cupcakes, cookies and ice cream.
There's nothing like filling them all full of sugar and then sending them home!
That's a lot of candles!
The kids loved "having dinner together" and more general silliness ensued.
After dinner, we played the "Candy Bar Game" and only had a few in tears (seriously- why do we think it's so fun to tell them to choose a candy and then teach them to steal them away from each other!?)
We ended the night with gifts and these two couldn't be happier. They had a great night with friends, Chase and I renewed our vow to learn sign language and we all ended up on the couch in one exhausted heap at the end.
We love you both! We're happy you're 8 and just in case you wondered- we think you're both GREAT!




No comments:
Post a Comment