Sunday, October 6, 2019

Ava

This girl. 
She sure is amazing.
And she's ours. We are so blessed. 


Today was the general women's conference at the stake center.  A few years ago they lowered the age for the meeting to 8 years of age and since then I have been waiting for the day when I could bring her along. 


Before the meeting, she was getting ready more than an hour before our departure time.  She picked out her outfit, her flowers for her hair and her shoes to match.  She has put a lot of thought into this day!


We got to the church early so we walked around looking at the desserts for afterward.  Maybe it was the chance to get to be with the grown-ups.  Or maybe it was the thought of getting to sit by her best friend, Isla during the meeting. Something told me it was really the darling cupcakes and refreshments after that really sealed the deal.


During the conference, I was astounded at the number of changes coming for her in the future in Young Women's.  I kept thinking just how different her experience would be from mine.  My experience growing up was great in Young Women's.  I found many great friends and leaders who guided me on my path when I needed it.  

I get the feeling though, that this next generation will be asked to uphold the values of Jesus Christ in such a way that none of us ever have.  As they read the new Young Women theme, I said a silent prayer of gratitude that my Heavenly Father pointed us to homeschool so that I can protect her from the evils of this world and make this motto both a part of our lives. 

"I am a beloved daughter of Heavenly Parents, 
with a divine nature and eternal destiny. 
As a disciple of Jesus Christ, 
 strive to become like Him. 

I seek and act upon personal revelation 
and minister to others in His holy name.
I will stand as a witness of God 
at all times and in all things and in all places.

As I strive to qualify for exaltation, 
I cherish the gift of repentance and seek to improve each day. 
With faith, I will strengthen my home and family, 
make and keep sacred covenants, 
and receive the ordinances 
and blessings of the holy temple."



No comments: