Even at one week old, I am starting to see your vibrant personalities and wonder which mannerisms stick, and which ones fade.
Let's start with My little "Easy-V"

I am fascinated with your level of patience. You are so consistent. From your eating to your weight gain, when you do something, you quietly keep at it until you have accomplished your goals. You put up with a lot from Sister. You often (though you wake first) let her feed first (as she is quite vocal when she's hungry) and somehow know right when she's finishing up. It's then that you let us know you're still there and are now tired of waiting.
You like to ball up in your warm jammies and settle in. You're often quiet and resting but when someone is in distress, suddenly your eyes open and you just need to know what's going on.
You are so lovable, cuddly and such a girl magnet. The nurses often come to hold you and you are so awake and alert that you often have cute little "chats" with them. It's wonderful to see you growing and I feel so safe when you're in my arms.

*When twins are identified en utero, they are labeled as A-twin closest to cervix and first to arrive, and twin B. Because Vance was twin A, but is a Boy and Ava was B, but her name starts with A, the nurses often get mixed up and have to remind themselves which one is truly twin A and which is twin B
Little Miss Ava Dess (or Queen "B" as you're sometimes known)

You love to stretch out your arms and legs. With your brother, he curls up into a tight little ball and it's often hard to find where his legs are in his little jumpers. You on the other hand, don't like the jumpers with the feet in them because you can't stretch them out as far. In fact, the moment you came out, you had your arms and legs stretched as wide as they'd go. This picture will always make me smile. To me I think you're saying, "Yea! I can finally stretch my legs!" Maybe it stems from the fact that for a long time in my tummy you were folded almost in half (your head was touching your toes). Who really knows.
All of the nurses and the paramedic gathered around your crib trying to find out what was wrong. They checked your probes, your tubes, your airway (that seemed to be fine!) all the while I was feeding Vance and praying over and over that nothing was wrong. When they couldn't find the culprit, one of the nurses called for the respiratory specialist. Now I was really scared. Then, the paramedic (love her!) quietly asked me, "Do you mind if I pick her up?" Of course I didn't mind! I just wanted you to be ok.
Then it happened. Just as she put her arms around you and drew you to her, you stopped. Not just slowed down- I mean stopped. All at once your numbers were all normal, your breathing was level and what was more amazing was that you were simply content just cuddled in her arms looking around. It was like magic. We all began to see very clearly something that you had already known- you need love. You need to be touched and you need to be cuddled. Oddly enough, that's a lot like your dad. I've always said that his "Love Language" is touch. You two are so much alike already that it doesn't surprise me that you'd take after him in that way too.
You two mean so much to our family and we're so lucky that you picked us.
We promise to be patient and pull together during this time.
We're excited for you to be home and complete our little family.
In the mean while, grow, eat and be strong. Keep up the good work.
We love you!
Love, your family.
No comments:
Post a Comment