
In honor of my husband's birthday today, I thought it would be fun to see how many of you really know Chase. I was surprised when we got married at just how much I didn't know about him. So here are a few things I've learned over the years that may (or may not) surprise you.
I haven't figured out how to allow comments on this particular template yet, so you'll just have to email (or post on facebook) your score. Even if you think you know him, you don't know him from Adam, or simply met him once or twice, I'm interested to see how this turns out.
The test has 20 questions, all worth 5 points. The answers are towards the bottom of the page so I'm instituting the honor system (remember, teachers- just like moms always know when you cheat!) and trust you'll wait to the very end to see your results.
Good luck and don't forget to share your results via email or facebook.
Pencils ready?
Begin.
"The Chase Test"
- While picking up hitchikers in Nevada, Chase traded which of the following materials for gas and a ride?
a. 1982 Ford f 150
b. An old record player
c. A complete set of tools
d. All of the above
b. An old record player
c. A complete set of tools
d. All of the above
2. Throughout his life, Chase has had many jobs. Which of the following jobs however, has he NOT had?
a. Welder
b. Undertaker
c. Lumberjack
d. Gunsmith
b. Undertaker
c. Lumberjack
d. Gunsmith
3. Chase always wants to learn new things. Just in the time that we've been married, he has successfully taken, and completed all of the following lessons/classes EXCEPT:
a. Fiddle Lessons
b. Fly Tying Lessons
c. Cooking Lessons
d. Roping Lessons
b. Fly Tying Lessons
c. Cooking Lessons
d. Roping Lessons
4. As many of you know, Chase is an avid music fan. In fact, when he likes a band, he goes to their concerts as often as possible. Which of the following concerts has Chase been to the MOST:
a. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
b. Weird Al Yankovich
c. Stone Temple Pilots
d. George Straight
b. Weird Al Yankovich
c. Stone Temple Pilots
d. George Straight
5. Speaking of music, Chase is quite eclectic in his radio preferences. Which of the following stations is his LEAST favorite:
a. Country
b. Rap
c. Talk Radio
d. Pop
b. Rap
c. Talk Radio
d. Pop
6. Besides lessons and classes, Chase also learns very well on his own. In fact, he has taught himself (through the internet, books and research) all of the following EXCEPT:
a. Morse Code
b. Dog Training
c. Bow Hunting
d. Tiling
b. Dog Training
c. Bow Hunting
d. Tiling
7. Chase doesn't watch much T.V. but when he does, what show can he not get enough of:
a. Sienfield
b. The Office
c. Pawn Stars
d. Arrow Affliction
b. The Office
c. Pawn Stars
d. Arrow Affliction
8. As a child, Chase participated in many activities. One of those activities was little league baseball. When his mom asked how he knew how to play so well, his response was:
a. "I practiced a lot with my team"
b. "I'm just that good"
c. "I watched the movie A League of Their Own"
d. "It's so easy, even girls can do it"
b. "I'm just that good"
c. "I watched the movie A League of Their Own"
d. "It's so easy, even girls can do it"
9. Besides baseball, Chase also participated in:
a. Kids Love Music (Dancing and singing show tunes)
b. Cotillion
c. Toast Masters
d. All of the Above
b. Cotillion
c. Toast Masters
d. All of the Above
10. Chase loves to travel. In fact, in just the few short years we've been married, he has made extensive trips (sometimes traveling for weeks at a time) to all of the places EXCEPT:
a. Graceland
b. The Yukon (Canada & Alaska)
c. New York
d. Mount Rushmore
b. The Yukon (Canada & Alaska)
c. New York
d. Mount Rushmore
11. While working for The Screens of Southern California, Chase has had the opportunity to work for a number of influential people. Which of the following designers told Chase that he was quite good looking, and would do well working as a model:
a. Tommy Hillfiger
b. Sean Jean
c. Ralph Lauren
d. Lauren Conrad
b. Sean Jean
c. Ralph Lauren
d. Lauren Conrad
12. Among all of his talents, Chase is very hard working and is good with creating things from scratch. In fact, he has handmade all of the following items EXCEPT:
a. an energy efficient windmill
b. a treveche
c. an igloo
d. a Caroline Windom antenna
b. a treveche
c. an igloo
d. a Caroline Windom antenna
13. Chase is a stickler for tradition. He loves to frequent the same eating establishments. Out of these top 4 favorites, which would Chase say is his TOP CHOICE?
a. El Pollo Loco
b. DeFranko's
c. Bear Pit
d. Outback Steakhouse
b. DeFranko's
c. Bear Pit
d. Outback Steakhouse
14. At the age of about 15/16, Chase did all of the follwing EXCEPT:
a. shoot for the Jr. Olympics Trap Team
b. attended COC (College of the Canyons in California)
c. worked for a drag racing company
d. was featured in an article in the #1 import racing magazine
b. attended COC (College of the Canyons in California)
c. worked for a drag racing company
d. was featured in an article in the #1 import racing magazine
15. Chase's first car was a:
a. Chevy Silverado
b. Chevy Nova
c. Chevy Chevelle
d. Chevy S-10
a. Chevy Silverado
b. Chevy Nova
c. Chevy Chevelle
d. Chevy S-10
16. How many different states (including his mission) has Chase lived in throughout his life:
a. 2
b. 7
c. 10
d. 13
a. 2
b. 7
c. 10
d. 13
17. There is one movie that Chase has watched more than any other. It is:
a. The Godfather (parts I, II and III included)
b. Tombstone
c. Forest Gump
d. The Sound of Music
a. The Godfather (parts I, II and III included)
b. Tombstone
c. Forest Gump
d. The Sound of Music
18. Chase's preferred method of travel is:
a. plane
b. train
c. automobile
d. atv
b. train
c. automobile
d. atv
19. At what grade did Chase first get sent to the principle's office:
a. 2nd grade
b. 5th grade
c. 1st grade
d. Never
b. 5th grade
c. 1st grade
d. Never
20. What did Chase say he wanted to be when he grew up?
a. a Truck Driver
b. A Cowboy
c. A Pilot
d. a Gunsmith
***Pencils Down***
b. A Cowboy
c. A Pilot
d. a Gunsmith
***Pencils Down***
Now let's see how you did. Here are the answers to your Chase Test:
1. While picking up hitchhikers in Nevada, Chase received ALL of the following items. He still has the tools, the truck is now sold for parts and the record player is free for the taking (it's collecting dust in my garage at the moment).
2. Like I mentioned, Chase has had many jobs. He has been a Dairy Farmer, a welder, a gunsmith, and yes, even a lumberjack. He has NOT however ever been an undertaker...yet. Yes my friends, that is on his bucket list and I have to say he's even spoken to a few funeral directors about internships. I guess you've got to know him to appreciate that.
3. Chase has taken fiddle, fly tying, roping and even piano lessons. He has NOT however, officially taken any cooking classes. Thankfully he has a wonderful mom, sister and cousins who excel in this area and I'm living proof that he has taken many of those life skills with him. He is a great cook without any official lessons.
4. Anyone who knows Chase knows he likes music, yes he has been to all of these concerts (including Weird Al), but Red Hot Chili Peppers top the list!
5. If you've ever traveled with my husband, you know you have no control over the radio. It is frequently switched from country to rap, to talk radio. The only station you won't hear is Pop (that is unless his wife is in the truck, we've traveled hundreds of miles and she's about to go crazy from all the country music).
6. Chase is a self-taught guru. He often thinks of something he'd like to do (like many of us do), and then actually does it (unlike many of us)! He has taught himself Morse code, dog training, bow hunting, using the HAM radio but alas, he has yet to master tiling. That however, is in the near future for us.
7. Did you know that Seinfield is Chase's favorite show? I have to say it fills up over 50% of our hours on DVR. I however, can do without so much Seinfield. You can even tell the Soup Nazi on me.
8. When Chase was young, he played baseball and was actually quite good. One day while surprised at how well Chase knew the rules and strategies so soon, his mom asked him how he knew so much about baseball. His response (as only a little Chase could) was, "I know a lot about baseball because I watched the movie, A League of Their Own."
9. As a kid, Chase participated (though not happily) in Kids Love Music, Cotillion and Toast Masters. Still to this day he refuses to allow our kids to be in any organization unless they absolutely want to. He may have seen it as torture, but I view it as simply molding him into the well rounded man he is today.
10. As previously established, Chase loves to travel. Since we've been married he has traveled (yes all by automobile) to Elvis Presley's Graceland, The Yukon teritories of Canada and Alaska, as well as New York. I had the fortunate/unfortunate opportunity of traveling (again, by truck. Both times with a small baby and both times with the dog) to the last two on this list. If I could change but one thing about my amazing husband, it would be that he would love to fly. He has yet to however, visit Mount Rushmore. A fact we are willing to remedy when we can travel out to see my brother's family in Nebraska.
11. While working one day a few years ago, Ralph Lauren said he could be a model. I believe him!
12. Chase has (again after mountainous amounts of research) handmade a windmill, a Caroline Windom (don't ask. Just know that it's about 60 ft tall, attached to the top of our roof and the sole reason HOAs exist) antenna and an igloo. Alas, he has yet to create a treveche (those large contraptions for catapulting stuff into the air), but after seeing my cousin's creation you can bet it's on his future To Do list!
13. We all know Chase likes to frequent the same places when he chooses to eat out. For heaven sakes, while in Mexico on our honeymoon, he made us drive completely out of our way to see the very first El Pollo Loco just to pay homage. However, if you told him he could only eat at one of these establishments for the rest of his days, you may or may not be surprised that he would pick Outback as that special place.
14. At 15 (and part of 16), Chase worked for a drag racing team as a welder. He also went to school at COC, and yes, was even featured in an import racing magazine (though I can't remember the name of it now. I'll have to ask him when he gets home and add it later). He has not, however participated in the Jr. Olympic trap team. That would be his good friend Destry Hunt, for whom I'm sure he holds a lot of respect/jealousy for.
15. Chase's first car was indeed a Chevy Nova. No surprise that it set a standard throughout his life that has continued to this day.
16. Chase has lived in numerous states in his life (including his mission). They are: Colorado, Texas, California, Utah, Idaho, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, and Georgia. That's a grand total of 10 if you were counting.
17. Have you ever heard the soundtrack for a movie and ran the movie through your head just based on the songs you hear? That is how Chase frequently "watches" Forest Gump. He has seen the movie so many times that upon hearing any of the songs from the show, he can tell you the exact moment in the movie and exactly what is happening.
18. You may have seen a traveling trend. Chase prefers driving in a car (we're talking about long distances here) to planes, trains and automobiles. I know most of you are wondering why not ATVs? His response to that was, "Have you ever tried riding on that seat for over 10 hours?" No, and now I have to say I'm glad I haven't.
19. Chase was quite the trouble maker in school. He first was sent to the principle's office when he was in 1st grade. Why you ask? Well, he felt compelled to correct one of his fellow students while he was reading aloud a book about Harriet Tubman. The student read the words, "negro woman" and because Chase had never heard that word (negro) before, he felt compelled to correct the boy and tell him what word he should have said. (Poor innocent thing had no idea. It was a Don Immas law suit in the making).
20. When Chase was young, he wanted to be a lot of things. At the tip top of that list was a pilot. I'm not sure if he's wishing he would have persued that (though he took one flying lesson and that was enough for him- he realized he would rather be alive on the ground than take his chances in the air). All I know is that he turned out to be more than just a grown up. Today he is a wonderful father, a very caring husband and someone he can be proud of.
We love you, Dad and hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Now add up your scores and let's see how you did.
90-100%: You are a huge "Chase Fan". You sure know your stuff!
75-89%: You and Chase are good friends. I hope you learned something you hadn't before today.
25-74% Maybe you haven't seen Chase in a while. Reconnect with him. You'll be glad you did!
0-24% Take the test again (shh! I won't tell) and then call me. You can spend some time getting to know him. Who knows- he may surprise you!
Happy Birthday, Chase-O!
1. While picking up hitchhikers in Nevada, Chase received ALL of the following items. He still has the tools, the truck is now sold for parts and the record player is free for the taking (it's collecting dust in my garage at the moment).
2. Like I mentioned, Chase has had many jobs. He has been a Dairy Farmer, a welder, a gunsmith, and yes, even a lumberjack. He has NOT however ever been an undertaker...yet. Yes my friends, that is on his bucket list and I have to say he's even spoken to a few funeral directors about internships. I guess you've got to know him to appreciate that.
3. Chase has taken fiddle, fly tying, roping and even piano lessons. He has NOT however, officially taken any cooking classes. Thankfully he has a wonderful mom, sister and cousins who excel in this area and I'm living proof that he has taken many of those life skills with him. He is a great cook without any official lessons.
4. Anyone who knows Chase knows he likes music, yes he has been to all of these concerts (including Weird Al), but Red Hot Chili Peppers top the list!
5. If you've ever traveled with my husband, you know you have no control over the radio. It is frequently switched from country to rap, to talk radio. The only station you won't hear is Pop (that is unless his wife is in the truck, we've traveled hundreds of miles and she's about to go crazy from all the country music).
6. Chase is a self-taught guru. He often thinks of something he'd like to do (like many of us do), and then actually does it (unlike many of us)! He has taught himself Morse code, dog training, bow hunting, using the HAM radio but alas, he has yet to master tiling. That however, is in the near future for us.
7. Did you know that Seinfield is Chase's favorite show? I have to say it fills up over 50% of our hours on DVR. I however, can do without so much Seinfield. You can even tell the Soup Nazi on me.
8. When Chase was young, he played baseball and was actually quite good. One day while surprised at how well Chase knew the rules and strategies so soon, his mom asked him how he knew so much about baseball. His response (as only a little Chase could) was, "I know a lot about baseball because I watched the movie, A League of Their Own."
9. As a kid, Chase participated (though not happily) in Kids Love Music, Cotillion and Toast Masters. Still to this day he refuses to allow our kids to be in any organization unless they absolutely want to. He may have seen it as torture, but I view it as simply molding him into the well rounded man he is today.
10. As previously established, Chase loves to travel. Since we've been married he has traveled (yes all by automobile) to Elvis Presley's Graceland, The Yukon teritories of Canada and Alaska, as well as New York. I had the fortunate/unfortunate opportunity of traveling (again, by truck. Both times with a small baby and both times with the dog) to the last two on this list. If I could change but one thing about my amazing husband, it would be that he would love to fly. He has yet to however, visit Mount Rushmore. A fact we are willing to remedy when we can travel out to see my brother's family in Nebraska.
11. While working one day a few years ago, Ralph Lauren said he could be a model. I believe him!
12. Chase has (again after mountainous amounts of research) handmade a windmill, a Caroline Windom (don't ask. Just know that it's about 60 ft tall, attached to the top of our roof and the sole reason HOAs exist) antenna and an igloo. Alas, he has yet to create a treveche (those large contraptions for catapulting stuff into the air), but after seeing my cousin's creation you can bet it's on his future To Do list!
13. We all know Chase likes to frequent the same places when he chooses to eat out. For heaven sakes, while in Mexico on our honeymoon, he made us drive completely out of our way to see the very first El Pollo Loco just to pay homage. However, if you told him he could only eat at one of these establishments for the rest of his days, you may or may not be surprised that he would pick Outback as that special place.
14. At 15 (and part of 16), Chase worked for a drag racing team as a welder. He also went to school at COC, and yes, was even featured in an import racing magazine (though I can't remember the name of it now. I'll have to ask him when he gets home and add it later). He has not, however participated in the Jr. Olympic trap team. That would be his good friend Destry Hunt, for whom I'm sure he holds a lot of respect/jealousy for.
15. Chase's first car was indeed a Chevy Nova. No surprise that it set a standard throughout his life that has continued to this day.
16. Chase has lived in numerous states in his life (including his mission). They are: Colorado, Texas, California, Utah, Idaho, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, and Georgia. That's a grand total of 10 if you were counting.
17. Have you ever heard the soundtrack for a movie and ran the movie through your head just based on the songs you hear? That is how Chase frequently "watches" Forest Gump. He has seen the movie so many times that upon hearing any of the songs from the show, he can tell you the exact moment in the movie and exactly what is happening.
18. You may have seen a traveling trend. Chase prefers driving in a car (we're talking about long distances here) to planes, trains and automobiles. I know most of you are wondering why not ATVs? His response to that was, "Have you ever tried riding on that seat for over 10 hours?" No, and now I have to say I'm glad I haven't.
19. Chase was quite the trouble maker in school. He first was sent to the principle's office when he was in 1st grade. Why you ask? Well, he felt compelled to correct one of his fellow students while he was reading aloud a book about Harriet Tubman. The student read the words, "negro woman" and because Chase had never heard that word (negro) before, he felt compelled to correct the boy and tell him what word he should have said. (Poor innocent thing had no idea. It was a Don Immas law suit in the making).
20. When Chase was young, he wanted to be a lot of things. At the tip top of that list was a pilot. I'm not sure if he's wishing he would have persued that (though he took one flying lesson and that was enough for him- he realized he would rather be alive on the ground than take his chances in the air). All I know is that he turned out to be more than just a grown up. Today he is a wonderful father, a very caring husband and someone he can be proud of.
We love you, Dad and hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Now add up your scores and let's see how you did.
90-100%: You are a huge "Chase Fan". You sure know your stuff!
75-89%: You and Chase are good friends. I hope you learned something you hadn't before today.
25-74% Maybe you haven't seen Chase in a while. Reconnect with him. You'll be glad you did!
0-24% Take the test again (shh! I won't tell) and then call me. You can spend some time getting to know him. Who knows- he may surprise you!
Happy Birthday, Chase-O!
No comments:
Post a Comment