
My best-est friend Joni has this favorite book. It's called Fortunately, Unfortunately. I feel like that's the theme here today at the Shillig Casa.
Fortunately, I have three adorable little ones that make life interesting.
Unfortunately, they're all under the age of two and all need extra attention.
Fortunately, today I showered.
Unfortunately, it wasn't until after 3:00 when things finally calmed down and as much as I tried, I still couldn't rid myself of today's funk.
Fortunately, my body is starting to feel somewhat normal again. The pants I wore before the pregnacy are now too big.
Unfortunately, I tried on a number of smaller pants on that fit, only to find that I can't stand having the button and material on my incision yet. I guess it's back to maternity pants for me.
Fortunately, it was my husband's birthday yesterday.
Unfortunately, with restrictions on going outside as well as restrictions to our pocket book, it wasn't much of a celebration.
Fortunately, my wonderful superwoman-mom came and sat with the kids while we went out on a little date for Chase's birthday.
Unfortunately, the movie theater was so dark and cool that I had to keep pinching myself to stay awake.
Fortunately, Ava slept for 4 hours in a row last night.
Unfortunately, Vance didn't get the same memo and was still up ever 2-3 hours.
Fortunately, I have a wonderful husband who is around to lend a hand and share this responsibility.
Unfortunately, on days like today- when he's out on a job most of the day I realize just how much I've gotten use to having an extra pair of hands (and patience) around.
I don't know about you, but I'm starting to see a trend here.
Maybe what I should try to do is turn it around.
Let's see:
Unfortunately, I have a toddler who is teething, an infant recovering from a circumcision, and a little girl who is not reacting well to the supplemental formula.
Fortunately, they are all so stinkin' cute that it's very hard to be mad at them for very long and I end up kissing their cheeks, cuddling their necks and all around being grateful that they belong to me.
I guess I should start being more optimistic and trying to see the glass (or the bottle) as 1/2 full instead of 1/2 empty. Unfortunately, it may have to wait until another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment