Don't you love when someone has a GREAT idea and freely shares it with you? An idea that makes you look like you put a whole lot of heart and effort into that you didn't really have to?! For me, this was that idea. It came from the amazing Dating Divas (if you haven't checked them out- you should!)
After our first day pictures and our morning work, I told the kids I needed some help figuring out a few riddles. That got their attention! I led them into the front room where there was a little note waiting for them.
As soon as they realized it was a scavenger hunt- they were like wildfire! I didn't get many pictures (and the ones I did get were mostly blurry) because everyone was moving so fast. I purposefully didn't give them a bag- so they had to hold it all in their hands as they searched for the next clue.
What a stash! Who doesn't love brand new school supplies!?
The last clue was the most important- I wanted to do something big. And something that they'd remember. A cookie or a treat would be gone in just a few seconds. And we don't really have need for big backpacks- so I opted for a special field trip instead...
Little did they know that Grandma was spending her last day before she had to be back in the classroom with us- and we were heading to the movies to see The Secret Lives of Pets!
They were stunned- and a little confused...
Vance just kept saying, "For real Mom? Is this for reals?"
When I told them to go and put their new school supplies in their workboxes and head out to the car- they finally believed me.
And that's how we started our first day of school- with an EPIC field trip to the movies!
After all, what else do you do to celebrate school as a homeschooler!?




No comments:
Post a Comment