Monday, August 29, 2016

Rainy Day

 There's nothing better on a rainy day than to stay inside and play games. 
Today since the weather was so gray and dismal, I decided to veer off the plan a little (who me!?)
I've been wanting to get out our school games for a while now and review with them how to play them.  These are games I have in the classroom with some type of learning outcome.  I want them to refamiliarize themselves with them so that during the school year when I need to work 1-1 or in small groups, I can use these games as a center.  Today felt like the perfect day! 


There were only two rules: 1- you had to work together as a team, and 2- you had to clean up after yourselves.  We spent the morning getting out game after game and had a blast playing them all.  The kids were so surprised when they realized THIS was part of school!  


One thing is for sure- a heavily stocked game cupboard makes for a happy homeschool family! 





No comments: