Friday, August 26, 2016

Let's Paint!

Sometimes I slack off a bit on the froo-froo fluff stuff in school.  It's hard for me to justify when I have so much I want to get through in the week.  I've made a goal this year to do more crafts and fun for them- if only for the memories.  Every time I get out the paints or the googley eyes, all I hear them say is, "This is the best day ever!" How can I say no to that?!



So for our first art project, I got out the paints and they squealed with delight as I painted their hands and feet.  Cash was super excited to have "green" feet.  I tried to keep telling him that they were in fact red, but he's 3 and therefore CANNOT be reasoned with.  {Sigh} Looks like I'll be working with him more on his colors this year! 



Once we washed off our hands and feet (man am I blessed to have such a good helper in Ava!  She singlehandedly takes care of Cash some days and I would be lost without her), we went in to paint our bodies.  I still say you can learn a lot about a person by how they approach an art project....



Overal, I think the end result was spot on!  We had a lot of fun cutting them out later and the kids liked that their hands were waving and giving high 5s.  Me- I'm just happy to have a record of just how tiny their hands and feet were when they were this little, because as fast as they grow- it won't be  long until this is just a distant memory. 






"Here are my hands- 10 fingers in all

My first little mark to hang on the wall. 

As years go by, I will remember and say, 
“My hands and I have a good first day”. 


No comments: